The Integrated Research Training Group AquaDiva invites applications to get a Doctoral Researcher Position (m/f; Ref. No. ufz11/2017) at the Bioavailability Group, Department of Environmental Microbiology, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research â UFZ.
The CRC AquaDiva will concentrate on the essential roles of water (Aqua) and biodiversity (Diva) for shaping the construction, attributes and features of the sub-surface, the section of the Earth’s Critical Zone (CZ) that starts below the greatest density of plant roots (~0.3 meters) and extends into the first aquifers (~100 meters).
Course Level: Positions are accessible for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Positions in diverse study locations, for example: ecology, (environmental) micro-biology, molecular biology/ecology, virology, biotechnology, chemical biology, bio-chemistry, biogeochemistry, geo-ecology, geomorphology, geochemistry, geology, hydrology, hydrogeology, soil science, geophysics, physics, chemistry, mathematics, or computer-science
- A doctoral researcher place (remuneration in accordance using the TVÃ¶D community?sector pay-grade 13, 65%) with funding from Sep 1, 2017, till Jun 30, 2021, as well as generous research funding together with the chance for a three? months study stay abroad.
- Opportunity for study on a cutting-edge and special Critical Zone investigation system.
- An extensive mentoring system with supervision by a staff of advisors.
- The location of function is Leipzig, Germany, a large and lively town with a vibrant cultural scene, dynamic enterprise actions, and productive scientific facilities of innovation, for example UFZ and iDiv, around the Leipzig University.
- A communicative environment in just a scientific community offering best?level study services and coaching system, including participation in global and national conferences and workshops.
Number of Scholarships: There are 15 PhD positions available.
Scholarship might be taken in Germany
- A Master’s diploma (or equal) in Natural, Life, or Environmental Sciences (e.g., environmental microbiology, biotechnology, molecular biology, or related disciplines); candidates predicted to make their diploma by September 2017 are welcome to use.
- Solid understanding of microbial ecology; extra abilities in bio?physics, virology, or industry experiments are an advantage.
- Excellent specialized abilities in microbiological techniques, arranging and operating lab experiments, regular (molecular) biology resources, data.
- Enthusiasm to perform a dynamic part in the inter-disciplinary study group of AquaDiva.
- Highly inspired and innovative personalities, having an interest to form their own thesis project.
- Excellent written and oral communications abilities in English.
Nationality: German pupils are qualified to use.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have masterâs diploma or equivalent.
How to Apply: Applications are submitted solely via an online software device.
1) Check if…
- The Collaborative Research Center 1076 AquaDiva with its Integrated Research Training Group AquaDiva is the proper choice for you: Learn mo Re about the CRC and its own field site or regarding the curriculum of the PhD system.
2) Online sub-mission of your software here (online software device of the Jena School for Microbial Communication, JSMC; web site is risk-free despite possible protection warnings)
- Create an account utilizing a legitimate e mail tackle
- Log in to your account and follow the software process: private info, educational schooling and and additional qualification, employment, language abilities, references, add of documents, such as for example cover letter/CV/publication checklist/qualifications/reference letters if available
- Please also submit your PhD certificate in the event you make an application to get a Postdoc place!
- Submit your program before the software deadline on June 16, 2017 (June 25th for project 127/2017) â once submitted, the software is unable to be changed anymore
3) Phone/skype interviews of pre-picked candidates
4) For most PhD positions and certain post-doc positions: recruitment symposium in Jena, Germany, August 9 10, 2017
Application Deadline: The program deadline is June 16, 2017.