As a divorce and family law apply, we at Schultz & Associates see the worst of what can occur when households are torn aside, and the horrible influence that may have on the kids who are caught within the center.
But we additionally see many examples of households who rise above unfortunate circumstances, who work collectively in loving and caring relationships to make sure that the kids, regardless of being raised in a difficult setting, develop and excel past their friends to turn out to be wonderful college students and good residents.
It is with these people in mind that Schultz & Associates proudly declares the creation of the 2017 Raise Me Up Scholarship to profit those that have overcome the disadvantages and obstacles of being raised in a divorced or single-parent family.
The Raise Me Up Scholarship Submission Requirements
The scholarship can be awarded to one undergraduate or graduate scholar who’s at present a full-time scholar enrolled in an accredited university or an accredited law school. The applicant should have mother and father who’re divorced and/or been raised in a single-parent family.
To be eligible, the applicant should describe how their household labored collectively and communicated successfully to lift them, and the way their household had a constructive affect of their lives. The submission might be within the following types:
- A 1-page essay
- A video
- Photographs with explanations
Applicants should have a combined GPA of 3.0 or above.
Applicants should submit the following to Schultz & Associates by August 1st, 2017:
- A completed application, which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- A 1 page personal essay as described above
- A certified copy of a present student transcript confirming the GPA requirements
Winners agree to offer personal info, if requested, to Schultz & Associates, and authorize the firm to publish their name, photograph, the name of their university or law school, and their essay on one or more of their web sites, and/or on other advertising materials.
- The scholarship can be utilized just for tuition and different educational bills
- A examine for $1,000 can be made payable to the scholarship winner’s faculty to cowl these bills
- A winner can be chosen and notified by August 31, 2017