Applications are welcomed for Visiting Scholars Program & Kennedy Fellowship for EU scholars at Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies (CES), Harvard University in the USA for 2018-2019 scholastic year.
TheMinda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies (CES) is the earliest university center dedicated to the research study of Europe in the UnitedStates It is a dynamic, multidisciplinary neighborhood of people influenced by checking out Europe’s history, politics, economics, culture, and societies.
- Applications due date: December15, 2017
- CourseLevel: This is a visiting scholar’s program.
- StudySubject: TheMinda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies (CES) at Harvard University welcomes postdoctoral scholars from Sciences Po to use for 2 chances:
- VisitingScholars Program 2018-2019 with financing offered through the Sciences Po- CES Exchange Agreement.
- ScholarshipAward: The program provides postdoctoral social researchers and historians the chance to invest approximately one year at Harvard University for independent research study on Europe or transatlantic relations. The Center thinks about prospects from a vast array of disciplinary point of views, consisting of economics, history, government, and sociology.
- KennedyMemorial Fellowship: In2016, the fellowship was broadened to support one extra postdoctoral scholar from other EU member states. The fellowship offers a stipend of $60,000for 10 months of property research study in between September andJune Fellowship receivers sign up with other visiting scientists at CES as part of the Visiting Scholars Program.
- KennedyFellowship for EU nationals using a $60,000 stipend to take part in the CES Visiting Scholars Program.
- Nationality: EU scholars
- Number of Scholarships: Through the John F. Kennedy Memorial Fellowship developed in 1966 as an endowment with funds from the German Government, each year CES supports approximately 3 postdoctoral scholars from Germany.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Students from EU nations (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, CzechRepublic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK) are qualified to use for this scholarship program.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants to the CES Visiting Scholars Program should:
- Pursue an independent task on contemporary Europe or transatlantic relations in history or the social sciences.
- Possess a PhD at the time of application.
- Be prepared to be in home in your area for a minimum of 3 months (at least 2 months should be throughout the scholastic year).
- Preference is offered to professors who have not currently invested a considerable duration at Harvard University.
TheGerman Kennedy Memorial Fellowship is used to scholars who are:
- Citizens of a European Union member state besides Germany.
- Post- doctoral social researchers who are dealing with contemporary Europe or transatlantic relations in history or the social sciences.
- Possess a PhD at the time of application.
- Have finished their PhD degree no greater than 8 years prior to the application and have a performance history of publications.
- Be prepared to be in home in your area for 10 months from September 2018 to June 2019; candidates might not hold concurrent visits.
- Have an exceptional command of English.
- Preference is offered to candidates who plan to pursue scholastic professions in Europe.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are normally needed to supply proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants who want to be thought about for the 2018-2019 scholastic year must send the list below products by December 15, 2017, to emmanuelle.narcisse-at- sciencespo.fr (The subject line of the message need to be: “CES Harvard Application”):
- Cover letter consisting of asked for dates of home. (Note: University visits have a minimum of 3 months and an optimum of one year.)
- Current curriculum vitae, not to go beyond 5 pages.
- Title and 3-5 page description of research study or task to be performed at CES.
- A 150- word abstract of the research study task.
- In the case of non-native English speakers: TOEFL ratings or a quick, signed a letter vouching for proficiency in spoken and composed English.
- Two recommendation letters are likewise needed.
Please note that this fellowship is administered by CES. Eligible scholars need to:
- Review the extra info and requirements for the fellowship at this link.
- Submit their application by means of the CES online application website by December 15,2017 Early applications are highly motivated.