Each year the Foundation offers three grants of $5,000 to support postgraduate research into current problems in the Asian area.
The objective of the grants will be to market debate and discussion on issues relating to Asia and New Zealand with consequences for foreign and commerce policy.
The Asia New Zealand foundation is New Zealand’s leading non-government power on Asia. The Asia New Zealand Foundation is a non-profit organization, to establish New Zealanders’ knowledge and comprehension of Asia. The Foundation works in partnership with powerful people and organisations in New Zealand and Asia to provide development opportunities.
Course Level: These grants are offered to pursue Postgraduate research.
Study Subject: These grants are given in subsequent fields:
- International connections, regional security, interfaith problems, security challenges, or regional environmental problems
- Trade policy problems in Asia; transnational economic integration (e.g. value chains and production networks); governing and regulation (e.g. SOEs, government procurement, labour and investment streams).
Scholarship Award: These grants will insure $5,000.
Numbers of Scholarships: Three grants can be found.
Scholarship may be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: Applicants must match the next place for the scholarship:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents undertaking postgraduate research at any tertiary institution in New Zealand who want supplementary support for international fieldwork undertaken included in their degree
- Undertaking new research (i.e. not already duplicating work that’s already done).
Nationality: New Zealand applicants can apply for all these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have preceding year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can implement via e-mail.
- A completed application form and related attachments
- Cover letter describing research and why an application for grants has been made
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.