Applications are invited for the “ASCL Visiting Fellowship” for pursuing research in Netherlands for the for the span January-February-March 2018. The fellowship is accessible for the pupils of Africa.
The intention of the fellowship would be to empower and support academically capable pupils from Africa.
The African Studies Centre Leiden is the only real multidisciplinary academic knowledge institute in the Netherlands dedicated wholly to the research of Africa. It comes with an extensive library which is open to the public. The ASCL is an interfaculty institute of Leiden University.
Course Level: The fellowship can be obtained to pursue research.
Study Subject: The fellowship is given in the themes provided by the university.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will pay for the subsequent:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A daily stipend to cover living expenses.
- Accommodation in Leiden: a guy is provided with hisor her own bed/sitting room (appropriate for one individual only). Kitchen and toilet should be shared using no more than two other chaps (male/female). If the offered lodging is unacceptable for the guy he or she is requested to search for alternate lodging him/herself. Alternative lodging will never be paid for from the fellowship.
- A medical/liability insurance (please note this insurance will not cover the price of treatment of a preexisting medical condition).
- The use of (common) office facilities and of library facilities.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not understood
Scholarship could be required in Netherlands
Eligibility: Applicants must satisfy the next place for the scholarship:
- At the time of applying, the applicant must hold a PhD using a focus on Africa.
- The applicant must be flowing in English or French.
- The applicant has to have an active academic profession.
- The applicant must have lately released novels or posts that match international standards (at least three published posts in the last five years).
- The research fellowship must provide to interfaculty cooperation at Leiden University.
- Preference is given to nominees employed by a African research institute with which Leiden University already has an MoU or aspires to have MoU in the framework of the Leiden African Studies Assembly.
- In accordance with visa regulations, applicants should have the ability to go back to their own country of origin after their fellowship.
Nationality: African applicants are eligible for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be flowing in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can implement via e-mail.
- Applicants can use by completing the application form and returning it, with the requested attachments, to: LeidenASA-at- asc.leidenuniv.nl
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 1, 2017.