The Government of the Republic of Mauritius is very happy to announce new funding opportunities to support undergraduate areas during 2017-2018. These scholarships are open to African Students to pursue fulltime, on-campus undergraduate studies in public Tertiary Education Institutions (TEIs) in Mauritius.
The aim of the scholarships would be to promote capacity-building at the high degree across the continent also to support deserving students who are resident citizens of participant states of the African Union.
The Government of the Republic of Mauritius really wants to encourage an excellent instruction for all and a Human Resource Development base to transform Mauritius into an intelligent nation state in the vanguard of worldwide advancement and invention and to create a culture of accomplishment and excellence by encouraging an efficient and effectual instruction and training system which is inclusive and integrated, all-inclusive and holistic..
Course Level: These scholarships are accessible for pursuing the undergraduate degree.
Study Subject: These scholarships are granted in the areas provided by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover tuition fees and give to their own living expenses throughout their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economic path, from the state of source at the starting of studies and back to the state of source at the end of the studies will probably be covered.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not understood
Scholarship could be taken in Mauritius
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following region for these scholarships:
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and shouldn’t have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have used for full time on-campus undergraduate studies at any given public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year beginning in 2017.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimal course duration whichever is lesser.
Nationality: Applicants of participant states of the African Union can use for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must finish end of secondary school to be eligible and ought to meet the minimal class conditions as suggested below:
- 24 points at GCE A – Level which will probably be computed on the foundation of the following scores got in three Principal areas: A =10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR
- At least an entire average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR
- Criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
English Language Requirement: In case the language of teaching isn’t English in the qualifying evaluation, the nominee will need to give a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results using the very least score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate evidence of English Language ability.
How to Apply: Applicants can use via on-line way.
- Application to Tertiary Education Institutions (TEIs)
- All applicants must likewise have used for at least one full time on-campus undergraduate programme in a public TEI of their alternative (recorded under Section 8). This application should be produced just as the TEIs have opened their program windows on their various sites.
- An applicant may either: get a conditional offer (letter of entry) from their picked Mauritian public TEI and submit this along with the scholarship application: OR submit an acknowledgement notice from a Mauritian public TEI that the application for a seat continues to be made.
- Applicants should submit the finished Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Application Form along with files as per Section 7 to their individual Nominating Agencies. This ought to be performed with a deadline to be established by the Nominating Agency and conveyed to future applicants.
- ALL nominees, irrespective of whether having preferred for (a) or (b) preceding, must additionally submit the totally finished Application Form and certified copies of the following records as part of their application to their own local Nominating Agency:
- Birth Certificate;
- Educational certifications and transcripts at secondary school level, or above;
- Medical certification to be filled and stamped with a registered medical practitioner in
- SECTION SIX of the Application Form;
- The copy of passport biodata page, if accessible.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.
Nice information shared by you and thanks for sharing this useful information with us. We also want to draw your attention towards our scholarship named as “The Do Space Innovation Fellowship”. The deadline is March 31, 2017. The fellowship is open to teachers, professors, librarians, and library workers, and other educators in the Omaha metro area.
Kindly go through the given link:
Hello I am Valens kwitonda from Rwanda I like this announcement for finding African students.