TheAfrican Institute for Mathematical Sciences Next Einstein Initiative (AIMSNEI) is now accepting applications for brand-new Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science (WiCCS).
TheProgram was enabled by a grant from the International Development Research Centre, Ottawa, Canada, and financial backing from the Government of Canada, offered through Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
The WiCCS Fellowship Program looks for to promote increased involvement by women in the search for science-based services to climate change.
AfricanInstitute for Mathematical Sciences objective is to make it possible for Africa’s brightest trainees to thrive as independent thinkers, issue solvers, and innovators efficient in moving Africa’s future clinical, academic and financial self-sufficiency.
CourseLevel: Fellowship is offered to pursue research.
StudySubject: The AIMS NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science looks for to promote increased female involvement in and add to a more sustainable social reaction to climate change.
ScholarshipAward: The fellowship deserves as much as USD 35,000 The precise quantity of the fellowship will be defined at the time of the award. This quantity will be paid to the Fellow in 3 instalments in accordance with a schedule that will be specified at the time of the award. Fellows needs to send precise banking information (utilizing the type offered listed below) to prevent excessive hold-ups in getting their fellowship payments.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 4 fellowships are offered each year.
Scholarship can be taken in Africa(AIMSCameroon, Ghana, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, and Rwanda).
Eligibility: To be qualified, candidates should be:
- In ownership prior to the fellowship start date of a doctorate in a quantitative discipline, consisting of, however not restricted to, used mathematics, meteorology, physics, chemistry, computer technology, theoretical biology, and engineering
- Currently utilized, on either an irreversible or a short-term basis, in a non-profit workplace, consisting of federal government
- Actively engaged in research, policy, and/or practice pertinent to climate change modeling, mitigation, adjustment, and/or durability
- The lead and/or senior author of a minimum of one refereed publication on a subject pertinent to climate change modeling, mitigation, adjustment, and/or durability.
Nationality: Fellowship is granted to female researchers based anywhere in the world.
How to Apply: To use, email to ms4cr-fellows-at-nexteinstein. org ( utilizing as subject “MS4CR fellowship application – first and last name of applicant”) the following files on or prior to 11: 59 pm CAT on 27 October 2017:
- Application type, consisting of budget plan design template
- Project proposition type, consisting of budget plan design template
- A curriculum vitae
- An electronic copy of a representative publication in climate change modelling, mitigation, adjustment and/or durability on which the candidate is the lead and/or senior author
- Three personal letters of assistance which are to be emailed straight by the candidate’s referees to ms4cr-fellows-at-nexteinstein. org (utilizing as subject “MS4CR fellowship application support letter – first and last name of applicant”) by the application due date. It is the duty of the candidate to ask for these letters from the referees. Two of these letters need to originate from the candidate’s instant manager at her house organization and the called partner at her proposed host organization. At least one letter need to originate from a referee who is certified to evaluate the candidate’s experience in climate change research, practice, and/or policy.
ApplicationDeadline: Scholarshipapplication due date is October 27, 2017.