ACYA is providing 3 scholarships to study at the National Taiwan Normal University Mandarin Training Centre (NTNU MTC) throughout winter season Term (Dec 1, 2017– Feb 27, 2018). Foreign students are qualified to use for this scholarship program.
The objective of the MTC Scholarship Program is to motivate appealing students from foreign nations to continue their Chinese research studies in Taiwan and increase the circulation of worldwide culture.
TheMandarin Training Center (MTC), developed in 1956, is associated with the National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) and is Taiwan’s earliest and best-known Chinese language institute. In cooperation with the Graduate Institute of Teaching Chinese as a Foreign/SecondLanguage, the Graduate Institute of International Sinology Studies, the Department of Applied Chinese Languages and Literature, and the Department of Chinese Language and Culture for International Students at NTNU, the MTC is identified as one of the world’s leading research study and mentor organizations.
CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to research study Chinese research studies in Taiwan and increase the circulation of worldwide culture.
StudySubject: The MTC Scholarship, a tuition charge waiver, will be granted to major students of quality to promote the research study of Mandarin Chinese.
ScholarshipAward: Scholarships will cover the followings:
- Tuition at the MTC is waived. Each year has 4 terms (Mar 1-May31/Jun 1-Aug 31/Sep 1-Nov 30/Dec 1-Feb 28) and a summer season session (July 1-Aug 31). The period of the scholarship is given for a minimum of 1 term or approximately an optimum of 4 successive terms (1 year).
- After the preliminary term, in accordance with offered funds, continued invoice of scholarships will be identified by participation and grades throughout the previous term.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 3 scholarships are offered.
Scholarship can be taken in Taiwan
Eligibility: The following requirements need to be satisfied in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
Outstanding students from abroad institution of higher learnings who have actually studied or are presently studying Mandarin Chinese are qualified for thescholarship Each university might be given a couple of trainee scholarships.
Overseas candidates need to satisfy the list below requirements:
- Students should be advised by their Chinese trainer or dean.
- Students should have an impressive scholastic record and be of great character.
- Students can not be receivers of other scholarships from other Taiwan federal government companies (such as Taiwan Scholarship, Language Scholarship, Huayu Enrichment Scholarship likewise referred to as the Language Scholarship and Sister City Scholarship).
- For interested students who are presently going to universities or language centers in Taiwan please call the MTC Scholarship Office 614 for more info.
Nationality: Foreign students are qualified to use for this scholarship program.
How to Apply: Please email the application type, extra products noted in the application type, a copy of your resume and cover letter detailing why you ought to be picked as an MTC scholar and how the program will benefit you to education-at-acya. org.au prior to 5 pm, October 8,2017 If you become part of an ACYA chapter, please state the chapter you belong to.
- OneLetter of Recommendation from a Chinese trainer (Must utilize the MTC Scholarship Reference Form)
- An initial copy of the trainee’s latest university records
- FinancialStatement revealing a minimum of US$ 2,500 within the previous 3 months (initial just)
- Passport info page (copy appropriate)
- MTC Survey of trainee’s language background
- An extensive Study Plan, students ought to send a research study strategy essay in between 300-600 words (i.e. Students ought to elaborate on why they are interested in studying Mandarin Chinese, why have they selected Taiwan, the length of time they intend on studying, and exactly what they intend to acquire from studying at the MTC.) application type.
ApplicationDeadline: Scholarshipapplication due date is October 8, 2017.