The AFI Research Collection (AFIRC) in collaboration with the School of Media and Communication, RMIT University is happy to use its research fellowship for international students. The fellowships are offered to carry out research that uses the Collection’s resources and promotes the AFIRC.
The goal of the fellowship is planned to promote the AFIRC through research that results in a released result, which might take the type of a book, a journal short article, a movie or digital task.
TheAustralian Film Institute (AFI) Research Collection is a non-lending, specialist movie and tv market resource. It opened in the mid-1970 s as the George Lugg Library and was a joint endeavor in between the AFI and the Victorian Federation of Film Societies.
CourseLevel: Fellowships are offered to pursue research.
StudySubject: TheAFIRC Research Fellow might utilize the Collection as a resource for a research task examining movie and tv production in Australia or as a research item itself, e.g. an archival research task.
ScholarshipAward: Fellowships will cover the following:
- Depending on the requirements of the candidate, the Fellowship might be granted for a duration of in between 2 and 6 weeks. The Fellowship will consist of the following in- kind-support:
- Open access to the AFIRC’s holdings and databases.
- Free printing and copying centers.
- AFIRC personnel will not act as research assistants to theFellow The AFIRC Librarian will perform an orientation trip and personnel will be on hand to respond to concerns, however it is anticipated that the AFIRC Research Fellow will perform their research individually.
- TheFellowship offers a stipend of as much as $5,000(AUD).
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships are not provided.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following requirements need to be fulfilled in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- TheAFIRC Research Fellowship is open to recognized scientists and audiovisual specialists.
- These might consist of international and Australian candidates (resident people and migrants) who have actually accomplished eminence as academics, scholars, scientists, authors, audio and audiovisual specialists, artists and archive experts.
- Qualifications of the candidate
- Research experience and showed quality of that research
- Record of finishing research/creative jobs within a provided amount of time and publishing/producing the outcomes of that research/project, as validated by referees.
Nationality: International and Australian candidates are qualified to use for the fellowship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to have a research experience and showed quality of that research.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants need to have exceptional composed and spoken English abilities.
How to Apply: Applicants can use by means of e-mail:
- Please total and return the application type in addition to:
- A comprehensive research proposition.
- A present curriculum vitae, consisting of a list of significant publications and/or productions.
- If pertinent, a DVD show-reel and samples of audiovisual jobs as MP3 files.
- TheFellowship can just be granted as soon as to any person. Unsuccessful candidates from previous years are welcome to reapply.
ApplicationDeadline: Theapplication due date is November 24, 2017.