Applications are welcomed for Brain Research UK PhD Studentships to perform research in among our 3 top priority research locations: obtained brain and spine injury; neuro-oncology; and headache and facial discomfort.
Through our studentship plan, we intend to make it possible for impressive graduates to acquire the essential abilities and training to set them on course for the advancement of an independent profession in research associated to among these present top priority locations.
BrainResearch UK funds the very best neurological research, to enhance the lives of those impacted. It will enhance the lives of those impacted by among numerous neurological conditions through the financing of the very best research and accelerating its development.
- ApplicationsDeadline: November23, 2018
- CourseLevel: Studentship is offered to pursue PhD program.
- StudySubject: We are interested in mechanism-based research that resolves locations of big unmet requirement and shows a clear path to medical effect in among the following locations:
Acquired brain and spine injury
Research to advance understanding of the best ways to provide interventions that promote healing at the level of disability in individuals with obtained brain or spine damage. This might be through behavioural interventions, improvement of plasticity systems, or both.
Research resolving the basic causes, systems, medical diagnosis or treatment of main tumours of the brain or spine, and associated neurological issues.
Headache and facial discomfort
Research resolving the basic causes, systems, medical diagnosis or treatment of headache and facial discomfort.
Research jobs need to be hypothesis-driven and need to represent a location of research that candidates plan to more establish in their future professions.
ScholarshipAward: The studentships are open to application by both clinicians and non-clinicians, and offer financing of approximately ₤120,000for 3 to 4 years. PhD studentships are for 3 to 4 years and consist of stipend, institutional charges, training expenses, task research expenses and conference-related expenses.
The stipend is repaired at ₤16,000 per year (₤17,500in London), increasing at ₤500 per year. For medical prospects, the stipend can be utilized to support an income at the proper medical level however the balance of funds will have to be gotten from other sources.
Fees are topped at the UK/ EU level.
The overall award is topped at ₤120,000
- Nationality: Studentships are offered for UK/ EU and Overseas students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship
EligibleCountries: Studentships are offered for UK/ EU and Overseas students.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to satisfy the following requirements:
- The call is open to potential PhD students wanting to perform research in among the 3 top priority locations explained above.
- The call is open to students who prepare to begin research study to a PhD at an identified UK Higher Education Institution in Autumn 2019.
- Candidates who have actually currently started research study to a PhD are not qualified to use.
- There is no requirement for students to be from the UK, nor resident for any quantity of time prior to the award starts, nevertheless we will money trainee charges approximately the UK/ EU rate just.
- Applicants should be offered for interview in London at their own expense.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are generally needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Applications need to be sent by the potential trainee, utilizing the downloadable application kind listed below.
The candidate should offer information of the host lab, the proposed task and manager. The manager( s) need to finish the different manager kind.
Applications will be thought about on the basis of the candidate’s scholastic track record, how the proposed PhD research fits in with the candidate’s total medical training strategies where relevant, previous research experience and future scholastic capacity. Research jobs will be evaluated on clinical benefit, creativity and the nearness of fit with the remit of this call.
The performance history of the manager and the viability of the research environment will likewise be considered.