–The Centre for Information Technology and National Development in Africa (CITANDA) is pleased to use Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) in the examination of digital work platforms (Uber, SweepSouth, Upwork, and so on) in South Africa versus good work requirements.
The research task intends to (i) enhance working conditions for digital platform-workers in low- and middle-income nations; (ii) establish an accreditation plan created to set minimum requirements for good work and actively license platforms through a newly-created “Fairwork Foundation”; and (iii) produce a Code of Practice for South African platforms.
TheUniversity of Cape Town (UCT) is a public research university situated in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of SouthAfrica It is collectively the earliest university in South Africa and the earliest extant university in Sub-SaharanAfrica along with Stellenbosch.
- ApplicationsDeadline: August31, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowship is offered to postdoctoral research program.
- StudySubject: Fellowship is granted in Evaluating Digital Work Platforms in South Africa versus Decent WorkStandards The PDRF will carry out research for a multi-disciplinary research task supported by the UK Economic and Social Research Council as part of its GCRF New Models of Sustainable Development program.
- ScholarshipAward: The worth of the fellowship is ZAR 260,000 pa and is tenable for as much as 29 months. An efficiency evaluation will occur after the very first year. Any more extension would depend on efficiency, and sourcing of extra financing for the post.
- Nationality: Fellowship is offered for South African people.
- Numberof Scholarships: Numbers not provided
- Scholarship can be taken in SouthAfrica
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Fellowship is offered for South African people.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to satisfy the following requirements:
Academic/ experience requirements: Required
- A PhD, granted within the previous 5 years, in an appropriate field which might consist of– however is not restricted to– web research studies, details systems, advancement research studies, or work and work.
- Strong abilities in the preparation, execution, software-based analysis and review of main field information.
- Practical experience of qualitative fieldwork in a worldwide South context.
- Demonstrated capability to carry out desk-based proof evaluations.
- Demonstrated capability to produce peer-reviewed research short articles.
- Excellent composed and spoken interaction abilities in English.
- Ability to work separately within a research group and to satisfy due dates.
- Knowledge and experience of field research in South Africa.
- Knowledgeof South African main languages aside from English.
- Specific knowledge associating with digital platform work.
- Prior experience of dealing with research tasks.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants need to have outstanding composed and spoken interaction abilities inEnglish Knowledge of South African main languages aside from English is needed.
How to Apply: Applicants must send (i) an application letter that consists of a brief description of their knowledge and research interests, and how these associate with the position, particularly resolving the needed and preferable requirements noted, (ii) a CV consisting of a publication list, iii) a copy of their PhD thesis and as much as 2 released or sent documents, (iv) copies of scholastic records and/or certificates, and (v) e-mail addresses of a minimum of 2 referees straight included in their PhD and/or previous postdoctoral research.