DST-NRF Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Human Development at University of Witwatersrand is pleased to provide its Human ResearchGrants These grants are specifically open up to international students.
The goal of the grants to allow scientists to team up throughout disciplines and organizations on long-lasting jobs that are in your area pertinent and globally competitive in order to boost the pursuit of research quality and capability advancement.
TheUniversity of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, is a multi-campus South African public research university positioned in the northern locations of mainJohannesburg It is more frequently called Wits University.
Applications close: November 17, 2017
CourseLevel: Grants are readily available to pursue research.
StudySubject: Grants are granted in the fields of thematic locations.
ScholarshipAward: Opportunity Grants (as much as R150000 for 18 months) and Accelerator Grants (as much as R300000 for 2 years).
Number of Scholarships: Two grants are readily available.
Scholarship can be taken inSouth Africa
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:.
The following requirements should be fulfilled in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- OpportunityGrants: These activities might consist of inter-disciplinary or inter-institutional sessions at conferences, workshops with funders and other stakeholders, dissemination activities, unique journal problems, and so on
- AcceleratorGrants: These are activities to start networks and research in the thematicareas and other activities that will advance query in a style and cause more research grants and chances in the upcoming years. These consist of conferences with funders and policy stakeholders, dissemination activities, joint publications, evaluations on crossdisciplinary subjects, etc
Applicants from all over the world are qualified to use for the grant.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should have a previous year degree.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should have outstanding composed and spoken English abilities.
Grants will cover the following:
- OpportunityGrants (as much as R150000 for 18 months) for activities that promote networking, inter-disciplinary conferences, joint writing, journal publication, and so on These activities might consist of inter-disciplinary or inter-institutional sessions at conferences, workshops with funders and other stakeholders, dissemination activities, and unique journal problems.
- AcceleratorGrants (as much as R300000 for 2 years) for research activities that advance the objectives of the Centre (research efficiency, education and training of post-graduate students, dissemination, networking and service). These grants fund activities to start networks and research in the thematic locations and other activities that will advance query in the style and cause more research grants and chances in the upcoming years. These activities might consist of conferences with funders and policy stakeholders, dissemination activities, joint publications, evaluates on cross-disciplinary subjects, and so on
How to Apply:.
Applicants can use through online:
- Proposalsfor Opportunity and Accelerator grants ought to be not than 6 pages, and include:
- A conceptual or empirical validation of the activity in regards to human advancement, its importance to South Africa and to the thematic locations of the CoE.
An overview of the activity as associated to the crucial efficiency locations of the CoE, specifically: (1) Research, (2) Education and Training, (3) Information Brokerage, (4) Networking and (5) Service Rendering.
- Expected outputs and advantages in the brief and longer term, and the time frames in which the outputs will be recognized.
- Planned networking throughout disciplines and organizations.
- Involvement and capability advancement of post-graduate students.
- A brief biosketch of the Principal Investigator (PI).
- It is very important to keep in mind the following worrying the spending plan: (1) Value Added Tax (“VAT”) and overhead expenses are not to be charged by the recipient organization from the CoEHumanDevelopment research financing; (2) Salaried time of the Principal Investigator can not go beyond 30% (thirty percent) of the overall spending plan of the Grantee’s task research moneyed by the CoE-HumanDevelopment; (3) the spending plan can just be consisted of these line products: (a) incomes, (b) travel, (c) devices and (d) running costs.
- TheCentre does not permit for trainee bursary financing belonging to the spending plan line products. If you have a trainee that needs financing, please demand them to use under the call for bursary applications.