Applicants are welcomed for DAAD Research Grants-CotutelleDoctoralProgram These grants are granted to extremely certified doctoral prospects and graduates who have admission to a doctoral program at the time they start their grant-supported research.
The goal is to promote bi-national postgraduate degrees at the house university and at a university in Germany inning accordance with the so-called “cotutelle” treatment); after the degree is effectively finished, the German university and partner organization abroad normally award the postgraduate degree collectively.
TheGerman Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is the biggest German assistance organisation in the field of worldwide scholastic co-operation.
CourseLevel: Grants are readily available to pursue doctoral program.
StudySubject: Grants are granted to extremely certified doctoral prospects and graduates who have admission to a doctoral program at the time they start their grant-supported research
ScholarshipAward: Grants will cover the following:
- Monthly stipend for doctoral prospects in Germany: EUR 1,000
- Payments to health, mishap and individual liability insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the house nation or another source of financing.
- One- time research allowance.
- Travel and lodging costs inning accordance with the German Federal Travel Expenses Law for monitoring university instructors for one journey of approximately 10 days.
Number of Scholarships: NotKnown
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following requirements should be satisfied in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- United States or Canadian residents or irreversible citizens.
- Foreign nationals who live in the United States/Canada by the time of application due date should have acquired their last degree in the United States/Canada or will be acquiring it prior to the start of their financing duration.
- All other foreign nationals might have to use by means of a various DAAD workplace.
- Applicants might not have actually been living in Germany for more than 15 successive months by the time of application due date.
- If you are a German nationwide, you should have been living in the United States/Canada for 6 constant years at the time of the application due date. Please call our workplace to make sure you are qualified.
Nationality: United States and Canadian candidates or irreversible citizens are qualified to use.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should have previous year degree.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should be proficient in English.
How to Apply: Theapplication occurs online through the DAAD website. Your referral needs to be sent out by email to gradscholar-at-daad. org and by post to the DAAD New York workplace:
- Documents to be submitted to the DAAD Portal-
- Onlineapplication type.
- FullResume/ curriculum vitae in tabular type (max. 3 pages).
- List of publications (max. 5 pages), if suitable.
- Extensive and in-depth description of the research proposition which has actually been concurred with both scholastic consultants- in the house nation and in Germany– and a description of previous research work (max. 5 pages).
- Schedule of prepared research work and gos to from a scholastic advisor.
- Individual guidance contract in between the house university and the complying German University (Cotutelle agreement). If this is not yet readily available at the time of application, it needs to be consequently sent prior to the grant-supported research starts.
- University degree certificates (e.g. Bachelor or Master)
- Transcripts of ALL university research studies; make certain that private grades are noted and to consist of the descriptions of the grading system (which are normally on the back):
- Doctoral level records (if suitable)
- Master’s level (or JD) records (if suitable)
- Undergraduate records
- DAAD language examination type (Sprachnachweis): If you have any understanding of German, send this file signed by a professor (teachers or mentor assistants) of the German Department at your organization. If you have no understanding of German and your research study language in Germany is English, make sure to send this certificate anyhow, suggesting that your research study language is English, and compose at the top “No knowledge of German.” (Please keep in mind that German is not a requirement). You can download the type by clicking the link in package on the right.
- Submit by e-mail
- 1 signed referral type from a university teacher in your significant subject or discipline in a sealed envelope. Your referral should send out a scan of the signed type by means of e-mail to gradscholar-at-daad. org.
- The referral type is readily available on the DAAD website, likewise called referee’s report.
If required, your referee might email the referral type to us straight.
ApplicationDeadline: Theapplication due date is November 4, 2017.