– The Data Science Institute (DSI) at Columbia University is welcoming applications for the 2018 inaugural class of the DSI Post-DoctoralFellowsProgram United States candidates are qualified to request this fellowship program.
TheData Science Institute’s objective is 1. Advance the cutting-edge in data science 2. Transform all fields, occupations, and sectors through the application of data science 3. Ensure the accountable usage of data for the advantage of society
TheData Science Institute at Columbia University is a world-leading organization in research study and education in the theory and practice of the emerging field of data science. Started in 2012, it is now a university- level institute representing over 250 associated professors from 12 various schools throughout school. Data science actually touches every corner of the university.
CourseLevel: Fellowship is offered to pursue Postdoctoral program.
StudySubject: This program is to produce next-generation leaders in data science. Fellows will perform independent and unique research study in an environment that promotes multi-disciplinary, collective research study.
ScholarshipAward: Appointments for the very first class of DSI Fellows start July 1, 2018, with ensured financing for 2 years. In addition to a competitive income plan, DSI Fellows will likewise be offered with a research study expense budget plan of that can be utilized for conference travel, calculating devices, and/or other research-related expenses.
Number of Scholarships: NotKnown
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following requirements should be fulfilled in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- For the DSI Post-DoctoralFellows Program, we look for prospects who are currentPh D. graduates and have specific interests in advancing and/or using data science to other domains. Prior experience in data science is not needed. We are particularly trying to find prospects with the nerve and interest to discover a brand-new field, belong to a choose similar associate of fellows, and in addition to Columbia University DSI members, and assist specify the field of data science for the long-lasting future. We motivate applications from prospects with varied backgrounds, experiences, and identities.
Nationality: United States candidates are qualified to request this fellowship program.
How to Apply: To use, please send the list below products to dsi-fellows-at- columbia.edu. Evaluation of applications by an evaluation committee will begin after December 1, 2017, and continue till the positions are filled. Candidates are motivated to use as early as possible and ideally prior to December 1, 2017.
- A cover letter that describes your inspiration for using to this program and suggests your option of coaches;-LRB- *******).
- A curriculum vitae (consisting of a list of publications);-LRB- *******).
- A quick research study declaration that sums up present research study interests, previous achievements, and future research study objectives. It ought to consist of a brief proposition for the research study activities you prepare to do as a DSI Fellow, consisting of a schedule with turning points;-LRB- *******).
- Up to 3 representative research study documents;-LRB- *******).
- Three letters of recommendation sent straight by the recommenders to dsi-fellows-at- columbia.edu
- [Optional] A letter from a possible coach suggesting an interest in your candidateship and your proposed research study activities, sent straight to dsi-fellows-at- columbia.edu.
ApplicationDeadline: Candidates are motivated to use as early as possible and ideally prior to December 1, 2017.