TheHead of Department, Department of Biological Sciences, and University of Cape Town is providing Smuts Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowships for the year2018 This fellowship is offered for South Africans.
The things of the Fellowship is to allow an individual who has actually shown efficiency in independent research study to carry out research study and research study in methodical botany and geographical circulation of South African plants, these being the branches of Botany in which General Smuts was most acutely interested. The possibility of deal with other elements of the South African plants is not omitted.
TheUniversity of Cape Town (UCT) is South Africa’s earliest university, and is one of Africa’s leading mentor and research study organizations. The College had a little tertiary-education center that grew significantly after 1880, when the discovery of gold and diamonds in the north– and the resulting need for abilities in mining– provided it the monetary increase it had to grow.
- ApplicationsDeadline: October12, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are offered to research study Postdoctoral program.
- StudySubject: in methodical botany and geographical circulation of South African plants, these being the branches of Botany in which General Smuts was most acutely interested.
- ScholarshipAward: Up To R190000 for 12 months. The award does not consist of any advantages and is usually exempt from tax.
- Nationality: This fellowship is offered for South Africans.
- Numberof Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in SouthAfrica
Eligibility for the Scholarship
EligibleCountries: This fellowship is offered for South Africans.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
The fellowship is open to any qualified individual, South African or otherwise, who is capable of performing its goal and materially advancing the understanding of the South African plants. Possession of a PhD degree which has actually been acquired no greater than 5 years earlier is a minimum requirement. Eligible prospects might not have actually formerly held any scholastic or expert irreversible positions.
How to Apply: Applications will be thought about by a sub-committee in the Department of BiologicalSciences Applications should be sent digitally to the Head of Department, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Cape Town (head.biologicalsciences-at-uct. ac.za).
Applications should consist of the following: