TheUniversity of Pittsburgh’s Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences is providing Dietrich School Diversity Postdoctoral Fellowships for 2 years, beginning in August 2018.
TheUniversity of Pittsburgh accepts diversity and addition, “Helping to attract and retain a diverse regional population and University community through the recruitment and retention of a diverse student body, faculty and staff.”
TheUniversity of Pittsburgh is a state-related research study university, established as the Pittsburgh Academy in1787 Pitt belongs to the Association of American Universities (AAU), which makes up 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research study organizations in NorthAmerica Pitt is amongst the leading universities in the world and is the very best public university in the Northeast, inning accordance with the 2017 Wall Street Journal/TimesHigher Education College Rankings.
- Applications due date: February16, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are offered to pursue postdoctoral program.
- StudySubject: Enter as your department or program of main association one Humanities department or program for which you wish to be thought about:
- EastAsian Languages and Literature
- French and Italian Languages and Literature
- Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies
- HispanicLanguages and Literature
- History and Philosophy of Science
- History of Art and Architecture
- SlavicLanguages and Literatures
- ScholarshipAward: Fellows get a yearly stipend of $47,47608, a $4,000 yearly research/travel allowance, and a $1,500 one-time moving allowance. The University offers a reasonably thorough bundle of additional benefit, consisting of medical insurance coverage, participant-paid oral and vision insurance coverage, life insurance coverage, eligibility to get involved in the University’s tuition scholarships program, and a retirement strategy enabling individual tax deferment to TIAA/CREF without any University match. Fellows have access to fringe benefits which presently consist of: University libraries and leisure centers, computing and networking services, and fare-free public transport.
- Nationality: This fellowship is offered to Non- United States residents.
- Number of Scholarships: TheDietrich School uses 3 Dietrich School Diversity Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities and 2 in the social sciences (in the Department of Sociology and the Department of History) for 2 years.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Non- United States residents are qualified to make an application for this fellowship.
EntranceRequirements: University welcomes applications from certified prospects who have actually adequately finished all requirements for the Ph D degree, consisting of any oral defence, by March 1,2018 Individuals who finished all such requirements prior to June 1, 2016, are disqualified.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: There is no authorities English test needed however Fellows will be needed to have a high degree of fluency in English in order to teach. Certification of English language efficiency will be needed, generally through a telephone or skype interview.
How to Apply:
Applicants are needed to send the following files:
- Curriculum vitae
- Dissertation tabulation
- Two- page declaration of research study interests describing the objectives of the research study you will carry out throughout the regard to the fellowship
- Two- page declaration of mentor interests and viewpoint
- One- to-two page diversity declaration, in which you share how your past, prepared, or possible contributions or experiences connecting to diversity, equity, and addition will advance the University of Pittsburgh’s dedication to inclusive quality
- Writing sample or excerpt of no greater than 20 pages consisting of recommendations and appendices.
- Course proposition consisting of the discipline, a short curriculum and proposed approaches for a 15- week course directed to advanced undergraduate or college students
- Three recommendation letters (Applicants should send the names and e-mail addresses of 3 recommenders through the application page. Each recommender will get an e-mail immediately with a connect to submit the letter; candidates will get a verification e-mail as each letter is submitted. It is the candidate’s duty to collaborate with recommenders so that they have adequate time to submit after the candidate sends his/herapplication Letters will not be accepted by direct email or postal mail, nor will they be accepted after February 23, 2018, at 5 p.m. EST. Applicants who utilize Interfolio’s online application shipment system have to use a number of days prior to the due date to guarantee that letters show up on time. Any candidate who has actually not finished thePh D. at the time of application must ask for that a minimum of one recommender verify his/her anticipated oral defense date (if any) and graduation date in his/her recommendation letter.