Highly gifted candidates are welcoming to use for the Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral program moneyed by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
ETH Zurich will award 2 doctoral scholarships each year and promotes ingenious tasks that are straight appropriate for enhancing the incomes of impoverished individuals in low-income countries.
Wonderful deal for candidates.
ETH Zurich bases on the basis of real Swiss worths. Located in the heart of Europe, ETH Zurich is leading an efficient option to the international difficulties these days and tomorrow, to construct around the world connections.
Why at In ETH Zurich, By picking to study here, you can have both, the chance to live in this city and the possibility of great work later. It offers an encouraging environment enables their trainees to interact quickly with scholastic personnel and other trainees.
ApplicationDeadline: April 30, 2020
- Organization: ETH Zurich
- Department: NA
- CourseLevel: Doctoral
- Award: 175’000 CHF
- AccessMode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- Nationality: Students from low-income countries
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- EligibleCountries: Students from low-income countries are qualified to use: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde * (CapoVerde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo,Dem Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia,Fed Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tom é and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka,St Lucia,St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- AcceptableCourse or Subjects: The sponsorship will be granted for Engineering for Development (E4D) Doctoral Programme.
- AdmissibleCriteria: To be qualified, the candidates need to satisfy all the following requirements:
- The basic entryway requirements for doctoral research studies at the ETH Zurich and at the particular department need to be satisfied.
- Experiencein the picked research study location is needed.
- Preference will be provided to residents of Least Developed Countries and other Low-IncomeCountries according to the OECD DAC-list classification1 (soft element).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The prospect sends the application to the E4D program workplace by email toMs Patricia Heuberger ([email protected]).
- SupportingDocuments: The CV of the prospect, consisting of records with grades and 3 referrals need to be offered
- The summary of the research study task need to not go beyond 3000 characters (consisting of areas).
- Relevant own publications or paperwork of appropriate activities associating with the task.
- The topic of the proposed research study is the advancement of approaches, innovations, tools or items, which produce a direct effect on impoverished individuals in low-income countries.
- The research study subject is within the thematic scope of ETH Zurich.
- The prospect determines a teacher of ETH Zurich who consents to offer him or her assistance in elaborating the complete proposition, if the principle note ought to be picked, and to monitor the prospect if the complete proposition is picked for financing.
- AdmissionRequirements: Candidate need to hold a finished and acknowledged Master’s degree from a university.
- LanguageRequirement: Students require to show that they have an excellent level of composed and spoken English.
The financing program will offer the award quantity CHF 175’000for a duration of 3 years. The scholarship duration can be extended on a no-cost extension. Out of the program grant, CHF 166’800 is scheduled to cover the wage of the E4D Fellow for 3 years (level of work: 100%, incl. social security), CHF 8’200for product costs and/or takes a trip. Employment after the given period need to be funded by other sources.
The doctoral wage should be on the level of the ETH basic doctoral salary4. Adjustments of the wage scale may be made in adherence to the basic ETH Domain compensation policy as specified by the ETHBoard Any additional expenses related to wage scale increases impacted throughout the financing duration need to be borne by the host professorship.