The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new worldwide college students searching for a graduate or undergraduate diploma.
The purpose of the Academic Merit Scholarship is to draw one of the best and most motivated individuals to USA.
East Tennessee State University determines credit score awards for its programs and packages primarily based on the skilled judgement of its college in greater schooling and in alignment with its mission.
International college students whose first language is just not English could fulfill the English proficiency requirement by submitting paperwork required by the university.
Course Level: Scholarships can be found for pursuing graduate or undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are supplied for any course supplied by East Tennessee State University.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers 50 p.c of the whole of in and out-of-state tuition and upkeep charges solely. No extra charges or prices are coated. The scholarship award can solely be used for examine at ETSU.
Scholarship will be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants should
- Students should first submit an software for admission earlier than they will apply for the scholarship. Students could apply for the scholarship earlier than being admitted to ETSU; nevertheless a scholarship applicant have to be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking pupil earlier than the scholarship software will be reviewed. ( undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 pupil visa (F-1 visa info, J-1 visa info)
- Have a demonstrated document of educational achievement
- Fill out the scholarship software type.
- Students are inspired to use for the scholarship as quickly as they apply for admission to ETSU.
- Recipients should preserve full-time standing.
- Undergraduate recipients should preserve a 2.75 grade level common in order to proceed receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients should preserve a three.zero GPA.
- The scholarship solely applies to in and out-of-state tuition and upkeep charges. Recipients might be required to pay different charges similar to program charges, course charges, housing prices, and medical insurance coverage prices.
- Recipients persevering with from a bachelor’s to a grasp’s diploma program should reapply for the scholarship.
Nationality: International candidates are eligible to use for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Scholarship is open to new worldwide college students searching for a graduate or undergraduate diploma. Students could apply for the scholarship earlier than being admitted to ETSU; nevertheless a scholarship applicant have to be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking pupil earlier than the scholarship software will be reviewed. (Undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions).
Test Requirement: ETSU requires official ACT/SAT scores from worldwide freshman candidates underneath the age of 21 who graduated from a US highschool. ETSU doesn’t require ACT/SAT scores for admission functions from worldwide freshmen candidates who efficiently full secondary schooling in international locations aside from the U.S.
English Language Requirement: International college students whose first language is just not English could fulfill the English proficiency requirement by submitting one of many following:
- TOEFL: 500 Paper primarily based (PBT), 173 Computer primarily based (CBT), 61 Internet primarily based (iBT)
- IELTS – International English Testing System:Score of 5.5
How to Apply: Students should apply for admission to ETSU earlier than making use of for the scholarship. Once an admissions software is submitted, the coed could then apply for the scholarship. A pupil’s scholarship software might be reviewed as soon as the coed is admitted to the university. Applications obtained after the deadline won’t be reviewed.
Application Deadline: Completed functions must be submitted by the next dates:
Preferred submission date:
- Fall semester: no later than July 15th
- Spring semester: no later than October 15th
Deadline for functions:
- Semester census date (2 weeks from the primary day of courses for the time period)