The brand-new Free University of Berlin– China Scholarship Council FUB-CSC PhD Program is now readily available available to research study in Germany for the year2019 These scholarship positions are readily available for Chinese trainees.
TheBeijing Liaison Office wased established in2007 As a representative workplace of Freie Universit ät Berlin, the focus of the Liaison Office’s work is to increase the awareness of the university in China and Hong Kong, along with to support regional researchers and start brand-new cooperation jobs in the People’sRepublic There is likewise an unique concentrate on the recruitment and choice of certified junior researchers who pertain to Berlin with scholarships from the China Scholarship Council.
It’s not an issue to do your PhD research studies in English, especially inSciences This year’s (2019) PhD deals do all need English as a requirement. In particular locations, German isn’t really needed and practical like in Philosphy or GermanStudies It is mainly depending upon the thesis’ subject and on the approval of the prospect’s manager. Please examine the list with the provided PhD positions and see the needed language abilities.
- ApplicationsDeadline: January 4, 2019
CourseLevel: The CSC uses 2 types of scholarships:
FullPhD research studies: Scholarships for complete PhD research studies causing a postgraduate degree, granted by Freie Universit ätBerlin Duration of the CSC scholarship: 3– 4 years.
SandwichPhD research studies: Scholarships for prospects who are currently doctoral trainees inChina Following the so-called ‘Sandwich Model’, Chinese PhD prospects can do PhD research study both at the house university in China and at Freie Universit ätBerlin The PhD title will eventually be provided by the Chineseuniversity Duration of the CSC scholarship: 1-2 years.
- StudySubject: Each year in September, Freie Universit ät Berlin uses a comprehensive number of open PhD positions in a range of research study locations for CSC prospects who wish to perform their research study in Berlin with a CSC scholarship.
- ScholarshipAward: There are just 320 EUR to pay per term by each trainee, as a registration and term contribution charge however this consists of likewise a Berlin public transport ticket.
- Nationality: Thesescholarship positions are readily available for Chinese trainees.
- Numberof Scholarships: 30-40 open PhD positions– each using a distinct research study task– are noted on the site under the FUB-CSC Program.
- Scholarship can be taken inGermany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- EligibleCountries: Thesescholarship positions are readily available for Chinese trainees.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
Please examine the terms of the CSC scholarship and check out thoroughly the info provided by the ChinaScholarship Council.
Scheme 1 (Full- time PhD research study).
Scholarships for a full-time PhD research study task pursued at Freie Universit ät Berlin and causing a postgraduate degree of Freie Universit ät.
· Durationof the scholarship: 3-4 years.
· Scholarship holders under Scheme 1 enlist at Freie Universit ät Berlin as doctoral trainees. Their research study will be monitored by a teacher of Freie Universit ät. (Someof the managers are scientists at a non-university research study institute as well as teachers of FUB.)
· If the trainees effectively finish all requirements and protect their argumentation, they will be granted a PhD/ postgraduate degree of Freie Universit ät Berlin.
Scheme 2 (Part- time PhD research study stay).
Scholarships for a research study stay, following the so-called“Sandwich Model”
· Durationof the scholarship: 1-2 years.
· According to the Sandwich Model, a Chinese PhD prospect will do PhD research study both, at the house university in China and at Freie Universit ät Berlin.
· Supervisionof the PhD prospect is guaranteed by a Chinese and a German teacher.
· The very first year of the PhD course will be pursued at the Chineseuniversity The PhD trainees then total one to 2 years of research study at Freie Universit ät Berlin and go back to China for task conclusion.
·ThePhD title will eventually be provided by the Chinese university.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: It’s not an issue to do your PhD research studies in English, especially inSciences This year’s (2019) PhD deals do all need English as a requirement.
In particular locations, German ist needed and practical like in Philosophy or GermanStudies It is mainly depending upon the thesis’ subject and on the approval of the prospect’s manager. Please examine the list with the provided PhD positions and see the needed language abilities.
Very great English abilities if English is the language of guideline for PhD research studies. No anticipation of German needed in the following disciplines: Biology, Biomedicine, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Earth Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Earth Sciences and Veterinary Medicine
EnglishCertificate: IELTS certificate with a general score of 5 points OR TOEFL certificate with an overall rating of 95 points.
Very great German abilities if German is the language of guideline for PhD research studies. Usually in Humanities and Social Sciences however depending upon the teachers’ requirements.
GermanCertificate: Test DaF certificate with a minimum of the grade 4 in all 4 parts and an overall rating of a minimum of 16 points OR DSH-2 certificate.
TestRequirements: FreieUniversit ät Berlin does not acknowledge the CET. The test is unknowned outsideChina The CSC likewise needs an IELTS or TOEFL test.
How to Apply: Two applications are required (to Freie Universit ät and the CSC):
Application 1: Application to FUB to get the required Invitation Letter for the CSC, released by the university in the structure of the FUB-CSC Program (not released by the teacher!): FUB is recommending about the program and the employment opportunities, provided by the teachers, along with of processing the applications. Each application is to be sent to FUB (not to the teacher!) by January 4, 2019.
Application 2: Application to the CSC for a PhD scholarship: After being gotten in touch with, talked to and accepted by the teacher (in between end of January and mid of February), an Invitation Letter will be released by Freie Universit ät Berlin/ International Office (not by the teacher!) to candidates in the structure of the FUB-CSC Program: all accepted PhD prospects get the Invitation Letter end of February 2019.