For the academic year 2017-2018, University of Bologna is offering nine PhD scholarships at the Department of Economics. Scholarships are accessible for nominees from any state and any age holding a master degree.
The University of Bologna, founded in 1088, is the earliest university in constant operation. It was the very first place of study to make use of the term Universitas for the corporations of pupils and masters which came to define the association, found in Bologna, Italy.
Course Level: Scholarships are accessible for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are given in the subject of Economics.
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship sums to approx. € 13.600,00 gross income per year (12.500,00 net) and is paid on a monthly basis. The sum of the grant is improved by 30% during visits abroad of no less than ONE month and no more than 18 months. The full time scholarships will probably be assigned to the top applicants on a competitive basis. Up to 1 self-funded PhD pupils places may also be accessible (the sum of the annual total tuition fees to be paid by nominees is € 157,64 for each year).
All acknowledged pupils receive additional research funds given by the section beginning in the 2nd year (around € 1.300 per year).
Number of Scholarships: For the academic year 2017/2018 a complete of nine scholarships for fulltime PhD pupils are accessible:
- 8 PhD standings for research projects in any discipline in Economics are funded by the University of Bologna and by the Department of Economics.
- 1 PhD spot is for contribution to the European Doctorate in Law and Economics, EDLE;
Scholarship could be taken in the Italy
Eligibility: Candidates from any state and any age holding a Master Degree (second cycle of higher education), or that are in line to finish it no later than October 31st, 2017. Such degree must be one of the subsequent:
- An Italian laurea specialistica/magistrale (3 2-year system);
- An Italian university degree – pre-reform system (4 years).
- An academic degree conferred by foreign associations, already recognised as equivalent to a Italian degree by Italian authorities like, for example, an MA or an MSc. These comprise additionally inter-university special arrangements of alliance and freedom.
Candidates using a foreign academic degree (MA or MSc) must attach to their own application their degree certificate (like the list of the assessments taken), accompanied by means of an official translation into Italian or English. Their entry to the assortment is conditional on the degree fulfilling the conditions of the Call for programs. The Admissions Board can request nominees to supply additional records.
Applications from any discipline are welcome.
Nationality: Candidates from any state are entitled to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must possess a master degree.
Test Requirement: Graduate record evaluations (taken in the last 3 years) aren’t compulsory but are strongly advocated. Preferably the GRE– General Test but also GMAT is admissible. For the delivery of GRE results, please be aware our section’s code is 1801, while UniBo’s code is 7850.
English Language Requirement: A proof of English proficiency (for nonnative English loudspeakers). For example TOEFL, IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC, or some other record or statement certifying the nominee is flowing in English;
How to Apply: In order to implement, the applicant must:
- Visit Student Online
- Register by adding the needed private advice;
- Select the PhD programme in Economics;
- Complete the online application, adding the necessary advice;
- Attach the academic qualifications and some other requested files in pdf format.
Selection is just predicated on the candidates’ academic records (cv, research expertise, reference letters, graduate records…).
- Copy of Valid ID or Passport;
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- Statement of objective
- Two letters of reference
- Degree transcripts of both the BA/BSc along with the MA/MSc.
- A proof of English proficiency (for nonnative English loudspeakers).
- Graduate record evaluations (required in the last 3 years) aren’t compulsory but are strongly advocated. Preferably the GRE– General Test but also GMAT is admissible. For the delivery of GRE results, please be aware our section’s code is 1801, while UniBo’s code is 7850.
NOTE: All necessary files must certanly be uploaded online inside the official deadline. By law, candidates with incomplete applications can’t be accepted to the PhD Program.
Application Deadline: The deadline for the on-line program is April 27, 2017.