-Applications are welcomed for The German Egyptian Research Short term Scholarship GERSS for young Egyptian scientists in Germany.
Thescholarship will allow innovative college students and young scientists to pursue part of their master’s, doctoral or post-doctoral research in a particular research job at German universities, archives, libraries or research institutes.
TheGerman Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the biggest German assistance company in the field of global scholastic co-operation.
- Application due date: May15, 2018
- CourseLevel: The scholarship will allow innovative college students and young scientists to pursue part of their master’s, doctoral or post-doctoral research.
- StudySubject: Scholarship is granted in a particular research job at German universities, archives, libraries or research institutes.
- ScholarshipAward: Travel allowance for scholarship holders:
- A swelling amount will be paid for travel and a mishap and liability insurance coverage will be offered
Monthlyscholarship payment inning accordance with scholastic status:
- Post-Doctoralscholarship holders will be approved a quantity of Euro 2.145(2 thousand one hundred forty-five Euros) each month
- Doctoral and MScscholarship holders will be approved a quantity of Euro 1069 (one thousand and sixty-nine Euros) each month
- GERSS scholarship does not consist of household allowances
Health insurance coverage:
- The quantities for the DAAD medical insurance will be subtracted from the regular monthly stipend of each scholarship holder
- One extra insurance coverage instalment will be included and will start 15 days prior to the arrival to Germany and end 15 days after the arranged departure date to Egypt.
- Nationality: Young Egyptian scientists
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Scholarship is granted to young Egyptian scientists.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you should fulfill the list below requirements:
- Applicants should be registered at a personal or state university or research institute in Egypt.
- Applicantsfor a GERSS scholarship should have a Bachelor, Master or Ph D degree.
— Graduates: need to not be older than 26 years
— Medicine/ Dentistry Graduates: need to not be older than 29 years
— Ph D prospects: need to not surpass 36 years
— Postdoc prospects need to not be older than 40 years
- Generally, prospects living outdoors Egypt for a duration longer than 6 months are not permitted to use for GERSS
- Candidates who have actually been approved the GERLS scholarship might use for GERSS– a minimum of– one year after returning from Germany
- Applicants who have actually been turned down 3 times in the GERSS program are not entitled to reapply
- Candidates from non-public universities will be restricted in number inning accordance with the internal policies in between MHESR and DAAD
- Applicants sending double applications in MHESR or DAAD programs are kindly asked for to notify the DAAD Cairo Office in writing
- Candidates who got a DAAD/MHESR moneyed scholarship at a particular scholastic phase are not permitted to use for GERSS unless they alter their scholastic status
- Academic research studies in musicology are used within the GERSS scholarship; nevertheless, instrumentalists can use for the program“Study Scholarship for Foreign Graduates in the field of Performing Artists” For more info, please describe the scholarship database
- Candidates from the field of medicine/dentistry can just use for GERSS, if they mean to check out Germany for research functions without any direct contact with clients
- Applicants utilized at the general public universities or research institutes need to satisfy the eligibility requirements of the objective Department
All candidates should send evidence of English language skills/abilities. The evidence need to be either IELTS (band 6.5) certificate or institutional TOEFL ITP (minimum rating 550) or global TOEFL IBT (minimum rating 80). Research tasks sent in the German language in the fields of German research studies, Islamic research studies in German are excused.
Please note: Post- doctoral prospects who can send an evidence that they have actually performed theirPh D. degree in English language in the context of a worldwide program might be excused.
How to Apply: A total application includes the following files (13 products) that should be submitted to the DAAD Portal:
- The online application kind which is offered on the DAAD Portal
(When you enter your wanted travel date in the online application, please make certain that your very first travel day either begins on the 1st day of the month or on the 15 th day of the months)
- A research proposition consisting of the referral list. Please describe the file “Research Proposal”, which includes concerns to be responded to worrying your proposition and place the referral list on the last page
- An in-depth CV
- Complete list of publications, if offered
- Acceptance letter or an e-mail from a German host teacher revealing that the research job under preparation is practical and can be carried out in Germany under his guidance. The approval letter need to mention the title, the time frame and the goals of the job. The approval letter need to not be older than 6 months
- Copies of the B.A. or B.Sc certificate and the M.A. or M.Sc andPh D. certificate, if appropriate
- All candidates need to send evidence of English language skills/abilities. The evidence need to be either IELTS (band 6) certificate or institutional TOEFL ITP (minimum rating 550) or global TOEFL IBT (minimum rating 80). Sufficient evidence of English abilities is an eligibility requirement. Research tasks sent in the German language in the fields of German research studies, Islamic research studies in German are excused
- Endorsement letter from the candidate’s house organization. The recommendation letter needs to be marked and signed by the Head of the Institution, Dean of the Faculty or President of the University (Please utilize the design template which is offered here, print it and fill it out.)
- An in-depth main declaration of work released by the candidate’s organization/university The declaration need to suggest that the candidate is associated to this organization/university at the time of application under the present position and need to show a total history of work
Please note: The recommendation letter in addition to the declaration of work should be released from the very same house organization and need to not be older than 6 months.
- The kind “General Required Information”
Please note: For technical factors, please transform this file to a regular Pdf document/scan it to be able to publish it to the DAAD website. Meanwhile, we are kindly asking you to send out the file in its initial format to the GERSS account: gerss-at-daadcairo. org
- Proof of pre-master, masters orPh D. registration. (not appropriate forPh D. holders)
- A copy of your passport
- Declaration of authorization validating the candidate’s awareness that the sent research job will go through a plagiarism check of pre- and last choice stage with the assistance of software-defined by DAAD Cairo workplace in addition to the complete dedication to the language course and intercultural training as a part of the scholarship granted. The statement design template is offered here.