Applications are open for GIS Scholarship Competition at Brock University inCanada The scholarship will assist support a Brock undergraduate or college student who is presently registered, devoted and high attaining to continue their research studies in GIS and consider it as a post-graduation profession alternative.
BrockUniversity is among Canada’s leading post-secondary organizations. Located in historical Niagara area, Brock uses all the advantages of a young and contemporary university in a safe, community-minded city with lovely natural environments.
ApplicationDeadline: November 6, 2017
CourseLevel: Scholarship is readily available to pursue undergraduate or graduate program.
StudySubject: The job concentrates on a significant GIS job carried out as part of a course task, or it can be an independent job that the trainee established by themselves. The job should use geographical analyses to an application utilizing ArcGIS innovation, such as spatial inquiry, buffering, analytical mapping, automation utilizing Python, and so on
ScholarshipAward: The scholarship likewise consists of $50,000in Esri software application, books and training deliverables.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships not offered.
Scholarship can be taken in the Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Canadian trainees are qualified to use.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should have a previous year degree.
- CurrentBrock undergraduate or college student with a profession aspiration in GIS
- Minimum B+ significant average
- Significant proof of coursework or postgraduate research study utilizing Esri innovation
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should satisfy the universities’ language requirements.
- ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced
- ArcGIS for Desktop Extensions: ArcGIS Spatial Analyst, ArcGIS 3D Analyst, ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst, ArcGIS Network Analyst, and ArcGIS Publisher
- One- year ArcGIS Online Organization Plan (consists of 100 service credits and 1 called user)
- One year of complimentary upkeep (supplies software application updates, technical assistance and limitless access to e-learning courses through the Esri Training website)
- ArcGIS Pro (NamedUser license for one year, can be transformed to Single Use after)
- Level 0 ArcGIS Online Developer Deployment membership (“developer account”)
- AppStudio Standard
- ArcGIS Online Organizational (sandbox, 3 Level 1 and 2 Level 2 Name Users)
- ArcGIS Enterprise with extensions
- PythonScripting for ArcGIS
- Getting to Know Web GIS, 2nd Edition
- EsriGuide to GIS Analysis, Volume 3
Students will be contending for the scholarship by providing their propositions on GIS Day,Wednesday,Nov 15.
How to Apply:.
Preparation of a 10- minute discussion on a desired job of your option (utilizing PowerPoint; or comparable program). The discussion will be provided on November 15, 2017, in the Map, Data & GIS Library, from 12 midday to 2 pm.
The discussion must consist of:
- A declaration about the job subject (i.e., why the subject is essential?)
- Data meant to be utilized in the job
- Data sources (i.e., MDG Library; Scholars GeoPortal; Open Data, and so on)
- Geospatial information analyses to be utilized
- Intended job deliverables
- Why you certify to be the recipient of the award
An summary of your job (250 words) and an existing resume should be sent digitally, by November 6, 2017, to the Chair of the Review Committee, Colleen Beard, and should consist of the following information:
- Brock ID Number
- Department name
- Degree program
- Evidence of a B+ significant average
- Evidence of coursework and/or postgraduate research study utilizing Esri innovation
- Brock e-mail address
- Submissions will be examined by the Committee and the effective prospect will be revealed in January 2018.