McGill University is inviting purposes for Steinberg Global Health Postdoctoral Fellowship. These fellowships are open to present or coming into postdoctoral fellows from any world well being associated self-discipline.
McGill University is a public analysis university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was established in 1821 by royal constitution, issued by King George IV of Great Britain.
The language of instruction at McGill University is English. Applicant should reveal the required stage of English proficiency previous to admission to McGill, no matter citizenship standing or nation of origin.
Course Level: Fellowships can be found to pursue postdoctoral research.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded for pursuing analysis associated to world well being in low or middle-income nations or amongst Aboriginal populations in Canada.
Scholarship Award: Steinberg Global Health Postdoctoral Fellows will obtain a beneficiant stipend and journey expenditures totalling $50,000.
Scholarship could be taken in the Canada
- Applicants will need to have or have organized supervision by a member of McGill University Faculty who’s a Professor, Associate Professor or an Assistant Professor. Most of McGill’s world well being groups and researchers could be discovered on the GHP web site.
- Applicants from various specialities inside world well being, together with however not restricted to drugs, nursing, well being sciences, humanities, epidemiology, public well being, and well being coverage are inspired to use. Fundamental (laboratory or bench) analysis initiatives, and not using a clear translational deal with inhabitants outcomes, won’t be throughout the scope of this fellowship.
- Applicants to the 2017-2018 Steinberg Global Health Postdoctoral Fellowship program should fulfil or have fulfilled all diploma necessities for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or well being skilled diploma doctorate (DPhil, DPH, MD, DVM or related terminal diploma) earlier than August 31, 2017. Awardees should be inside 5 years of completion of this diploma to carry the award.
- Applicants, who do not need the PhD or PhD-equivalent diploma in hand at the time of software, should embody a letter from their Department Chair specifying that dissertation defence will happen earlier than September 1st, 2017. Successful candidates who don’t full all necessities for his or her PhD by August 31, 2017, may have their provide of award withdrawn.
- Please see the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office for detailed info on postdoctoral registration at McGill. Please be sure you meet the final necessities to be a postdoc in Quebec and Canada. Fellows should adjust to all postdoctoral registration necessities. If chosen, candidates from outdoors of Canada might want to finances for the time required for immigration/work allow processing.
Nationality: Canadian and worldwide candidates can apply for Postdoctoral Fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: The language of instruction at McGill University is English. Applicant should reveal the required stage of English proficiency previous to admission to McGill, no matter citizenship standing or nation of origin.
How to Apply: Prospective candidates ought to submit:
- Application type – Please obtain to fill.
- PhD supervisor suggestion letter (most 2 pages)
- McGill supervisor suggestion letter (if completely different from above). The letter ought to converse each to your and the position the supervisor will play in supporting your work. (most 2 pages)
- Research proposal. Please write in easy, non-technical language. Award committee members come from assorted world well being backgrounds and might not be specialists in your specific subject (most 5 pages). Please embody:
Bref summary or abstract of your proposal
The goals and significance of your proposed world well being analysis program
The contribution that your analysis will make to the development of data
How the proposed analysis program is located inside related scholarly literature
The theoretical method or framework that will probably be used
The analysis query(s) and/or speculation(es)
The methodology and why it was chosen
The outcomes being measured and the potential for affect
The plan to disseminate the findings
Timeline/work plan of your work for at least one, however ideally, two years.
- Training expectations: Please present an outline of how this postdoctoral expertise will contribute to your future analysis ambitions and productiveness (1 web page).
- Applicants should present a replica of their full university educational document up to now, together with undergraduate transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Please prepare transcripts in chronological order beginning with the latest. International transcripts should be in English or French.
- Current McGill post-docs should present Proof of registration in the postdoctoral program at McGill.
- New post-docs to McGill should present a letter from the tutorial division you hope to affix saying that they help your software (a pattern of this letter could be offered by Global Health Programs please contact the GHP workplace).