TheHeart and Stroke Foundation South Africa launches Research Grants for the year2018 This grant is offered for African trainees.
TheFoundation intends to support ingenious research tasks that pursue unique hypotheses and with ground-breaking capacity.
TheHeart and Stroke Foundation South Africa (HSFSA) plays a leading function in the battle versus avoidable cardiovascular disease and stroke, with the goal of seeing less individuals in South Africa suffer sudden deaths and specials needs. The HSFSA, developed in 1980 is a non-governmental, non-profit company which counts on external financing to sustain the work it performs.
- ApplicationsDeadline: One- pager and spending plan: September 20, 2018 and Full Proposal and spending plan: November 23, 2018
- CourseLevel: Grants are offered to pursue research. The call is open to developed and mid-term scientists, consisting of postdoctoral trainees and those doing PhD research studies operating at recognized college organizations within South Africa.
- StudySubject: Grants are granted in 2 broad focus locations:
( 1) Applied and fundamental biomedical and scientific research tasks related to start of heart disease [CVD; heart diseases and stroke]
( 2) Evaluation of the HSFSAs health threat evaluation task
ResearchFocus Areas (RFAs):
- ScholarshipAward: In this call an overall of R600000 will be assigned for an optimum of 3 tasks, each task not going beyond an overall spending plan of R300,000 Only one application per principal detective will be enabled. The spending plan will be over a 24- month duration from the date of the finalizing of the GrantAgreement The Foundation reserves the right to increase the award for a job proposition with a capacity for high effect.
- Nationality: This grant is offered for African trainees.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided
- Scholarship can be taken in SouthAfrica
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship
EligibleCountries: This grant is offered for African trainees.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, BurkinaFaso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, SouthAfrica, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia andZimbabwe
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
Non-SouthAfricans are not qualified to use. Africans from other nations are qualified to use supplied that they are working or studying in South Africa under the guidance of a developed South African PI. In the case of non-SouthAfrican candidates, it is required to have a South African co-applicant or when it comes to a senior scholastic or scientist, a South African trainee whose profession will gain from the proposed research. Evidence of variety and addition of women in the research group will be a benefit.
- The call is open to developed and mid-term scientists, consisting of post-doctoral trainees and those doing PhD research studies operating at recognized college organizations within South Africa.
- NGOs/PublicSector organisations might likewise use
- Masters level trainees might use supplied that a recognized scientist is a co-applicant and monitors the task.
- Non-SouthAfricans might use supplied they are signed up at/or working for a South African University/StrokeInstitute or Institution of Higher Learning.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are typically needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Theapplication procedure will involve a two-step procedure, i.e. a one-page summary of the proposed research study together with a short spending plan need to at first be sent by the very first due date suggested. Such propositions will then be evaluated after which the most extremely ranked ones will be asked for to send a complete proposition (together with an in-depth spending plan) by the 2nd due date suggested. Such propositions will then go through a complete peer-review and the last beneficiaries then be revealed.