Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR) IRDR Young Scientists Programme is open for most of the young scientists from all around the world to pursue research in China for the academic session of 2017. The programme can be obtained for pursuing research in the area of disaster risk reduction.
The objective of the scholarship would be to raise knowledge among young scientists about Sendai Framework enactment and offer opportunities for additional participation through the Young Scientists Program on DRR.
Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR) is a decade-long research programme cosponsored by the International Council for Science (ICSU), the International Social Science Council (ISSC), along with the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR).
Course Level: The scholarship can be obtained to pursue research.
Study Subject: The scholarship is granted in the field of disaster risk reduction.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Link to IRDR network of professionals and practitioners
- Access to IRDR Scientific Committee (SC) for academic support/guidance
- Participation in IRDR associated training programs (there could be an alternative selection procedure for all the training program)
- A certification for IRDR Young Scientist upon successful conclusion
Numbers of Scholarships: Not understood
Scholarship might be chosen in China
Eligibility: Applicants must match the following place for the scholarship:
- Age: Less than 40 years on the exact date of application
- Nationality: There isn’t any pub on nationality
- Affiliation: The nominee has to be affiliated with the academic program (either master or doctorate) either as a pupil or as a young faculty.
- Research area: The area of research must be related to disaster risk reduction and its particular connection to more comprehensive environment and development problems.
- Endorsement: has to be backed by academic manager (for the pupil) or head of the department /graduate school (for the youthful faculties).
- Duration: Minimum 1 year, and maximum 3 years. The applicant will make their selection, along with the final decision will probably be produced by IRDR.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities can submit an application for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be either master or doctorate.
English Language Requirement: The nominee ought to possess an excellent command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can use via e-mail.
- Application Form(Young Scientists Programme Application Form)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed Research Plan (10 pages Maximum)
- Recommendation/Endorsement Letter from the Supervisor
- Copy of Student/Faculty ID Card
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.