TheInternational Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is welcomed candidates for its China Scholarship Council Sandwich Doctoral DegreeScholarship The scholarship is offered for Chinese Students.
The objective of the scholarship is to support Chinese trainees who wish to pursue Doctoral Degree Training and Visiting Scientist/ResearchProgram at IRRI.
TheInternational Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is a worldwide farming research study and training company with head office in Los Ba ños, Laguna in the Philippines and workplaces in seventeen nations with ~ 1,300 personnel.
CourseLevel: Scholarship is offered to pursue postgraduate degree training and Visiting Scientist/ResearchProgramme.
StudySubject: Scholarship is granted in the following fields:
- Advanced plant genes and rice breeding.
- Functional genomics and gene discovery.
- Ex situ germplasm preservation and allele discovery.
- Bioinformatics and database management.
- Application of rice cell engineering and transgenic innovation in germplasm enhancement and gene discovery.
- Crop physiology for yield enhancement and tolerance to biotic and abiotic tensions.
- Adaptation and mitigation of the effect of environment modification.
- Water utilize performance and water management.
- Grain quality and nutrition.
- Crop modelling and used photosynthesis research study.
- Soil sciences and crop nutrient management.
- Application of geological info systems (GIS) and remote picking up innovations
Social sciences and farming economics.
ScholarshipAward: Scholarship will cover the following:
- 6 to 24 months for “Sandwich” Doctoral Degree Training.
- Up to 12 months for checking out researchers/ fellowship program.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the Philippines
Eligibility: The following requirements should be fulfilled in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- Candidates will be residents and long-term homeowners of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application.
- The prospects need to not be more than 35 years of ages at the time of application.
Candidates should not be presently working or studying abroad.
- Successful prospects should go back to China upon conclusion of their research studies and/or research study.
- Candidates should hold a genuine deal letter (for co-supervised “sandwich” PhD prospects)/ invite letter (for checking out researchers) at IRRI. They must, for that reason, satisfy the pertinent scholastic entry requirements set by IRRI, consisting of a high level of English language efficiency.
- Co- monitored “sandwich” PhD prospects generally need to be a signed up PhD trainees in China, and the Visiting Scientists need to be a present worker of a Chinese university/ research study institute.
- Candidates must be planning to pursue research study in among the top priority research study locations determined by IRRI and CSC. However, candidates to other research study locations will likewise be thought about. The support research study locations are likewise based on the accessibility of pertinent research study programs at IRRI.
- Candidates must please the choice requirements set out by CSC by finishing the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form at http://apply.csc.edu.cn/.
- AllVisiting Scientists prospects need to have a PhD degree in pertinent field provided within 3 years of the time ofapplication The checking out researcher’s prospects need to become part of the collective research study program in between IRRI and China.
Nationality: Chinese candidates are qualified to obtain the scholarship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should have a PhD degree.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should be proficient in English and have a Certificate of English Proficiency (PETS5, TOEFL, GRE, TSE, IELTS).
How to Apply: Applicants can use through both post or online:
- Applicants must straight use to the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) at any time of the year.
- Following files need to be sent to IRRI:
- Application letter.
- Filled out IRRI application type.
- UpdatedCurriculum Vitae (CV).
- Certificate of English Proficiency (PETS5, TOEFL, GRE, TSE, IELTS).
- Transcript of Records.
- Certificate of Employment (for Visiting Scientist Research Program candidates just).
- Letter of Assessment from a specialist of the very same research study location.
ApplicationDeadline: Theapplication due date for “Sandwich” Doctoral Degree Training– January 31 of each year and for checking out researchers/ fellowship program– November 30 of each year.