-TheInstitute for Sustainable Futures is welcoming applications for postgraduate scholarships to research study ingenious approaches to take a look at the effects of water, sanitation and health (WASH) interventions on gender equality.
TheInstitute for Sustainable Futures at University of Technology Sydney (ISF- UTS) has actually been developing modification to sustainable futures by carrying out independent project-based research study with Australian and worldwide partners considering that1997 Our research study and expert personnel originated from different backgrounds, consisting of engineering, architecture, management, economics, science, the social sciences, worldwide research studies and political research studies.
- ApplicationsDeadline: July27, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarship is readily available to pursue PhD program.
- StudySubject: The Institute for Sustainable Futures is looking for applications for one PhD trainee to research study ingenious approaches to take a look at the effects of water, sanitation and health (WASH) interventions on gender equality. The research study will concentrate on advancement and screening of ingenious qualitative approaches, matching advancement of a quantitative multi-dimensional index by the larger research study group. This PhD forms part of the DFAT Water for Women Water Research Awards research study (2018-2021) ‘Gender equality and women’ s empowerment in WASH’. The PhD will include research study with civil society partners, more than likely in Nepal and/or Cambodia.
- ScholarshipAward: The effective prospect with not need to pay course costs and will get a living stipend of $27,082 pa for full-time research study (indexes every year).
- Nationality: This position is readily available to domestic trainees (i.e. trainees who do not need a visa).
- Numberof Scholarships: Onescholarship is readily available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: This position is readily available to domestic trainees (i.e. trainees who do not need a visa).
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
Who we are trying to find
We are looking for a PhD trainee with an interest in qualitative methodological advancement in relation to sustainable and inclusive WASH service shipment, gender equality and worldwide advancement. The effective prospect will be comfy utilizing a range of qualitative research study approaches and dealing with cross-cultural groups in establishing nation contexts. You will have an interest in working throughout disciplines and contributing as part of a larger research study group to advancement of strenuous proof and its usefulapplication Ideally you will have experience or interest in several of the following subjects: qualitative research study approaches and effect assessment techniques; gender equality, females’s empowerment, rural sanitation, and rural water system.
Essential abilities and abilities
- A masters or strong bachelor’s degree in a pertinent discipline (e.g. social science.) or comparable.
- Demonstrated capability to carry out research study at greater degree level i.e. showed research study experience or honours degree or master’s degree with significant research study element.
- Demonstrated high level crucial believing abilities.
- Experiencein working with/across various disciplines.
- Experience working in cross-cultural groups in establishing nation contexts.
- Experiencein and/or understanding of qualitative research study approaches and effect assessment techniques, WASH and/or gender equality.
- A strong interest in advancing gender equality and progressive awareness of the Human Rights to Water and Sanitation.
How to Apply: Applicants must prepare and send: