Getting a degree is constantly helpful in a profession, however it can be hard with some monetary barriers. To cover research study costs, Dalhousie University is offering the Killam Predoctoral Scholarships.
TheKillam Predoctoral financial assistance positions will be granted on a competitive basis to impressive college student in thesis-based programs.
AmongNorth America’s most congenial universities, Dalhousie University has a worldwide credibility for being among the friendliest. More than 18,100 trainees from throughout the world participate in Dalhousie University, among Canada’s earliest universities. The University of Guelph, situated on Canada’s East Coast, provides first-rate scholastic programs in addition to innovative research study chances.
Why research study at DalhousieUniversity? Dalhousie is among Canada’s top 15 research study universities. Graduate trainees work carefully with professors who are leaders in their fields to carry out more than $180 million in research study each year. They make discoveries in advanced laboratory centers, conduct fieldwork in your area and around the world, and have access to physical and virtual library collections that enable trainees to pursue practically any line of query.
ApplicationDeadline: January15, 2022
- University or Organization: DalhousieUniversity
- Department: NA
- CourseLevel: Masters and doctoral
- Award: Up to $10000 per term + moving allowance
- Number of Awards:
- AccessMode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- EligibleCountries: Canada and international
- EligibleCourse or Subjects: Thescholarship will be granted in sciences, engineering, liberal arts, and social sciences
- EligibilityCriteria: To be qualified, the candidates should fulfill all the provided requirements:
- KillamAwards are open to both Canadian and International candidates.
- Applicants are anticipated to have actually likewise looked for financing from appropriate provincial, nationwide or international companies. For Canadians, this might consist of NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR, NSHRF, NSGS, etc, as relevant to their discipline. For non-Canadian, candidates are anticipated to have actually looked for provincial scholarships (NSGS, and so on) and nationwide/internationalawards for which they would be qualified.
- KillamPredoctoral Scholarship holders should be qualified to get scholarship assistance for at least 2 years. This implies that at the Master’s level just freshly getting in trainees will be thought about. At a Doctoral level, just trainees who have actually invested less than 24 months in program by May 1stof the award year will be thought about.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates can finish their graduate application kind online application or print After that, you need to finish the application kind
- SupportingDocuments: Submit records, recommendation letters, and other extra documents.
- AdmissionRequirements: Students should have the following:
- Four- year Bachelor’s or masters degree
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B average) in the last 60 credit hours of research study
- Degree given by university of acknowledged standing
- LanguageRequirement: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English should show their capability to pursue a graduate-level program in English prior to admission. The language proficiency test might be waived if the candidate has actually finished a degree at an acknowledged university where the language of direction is English in a nation where English is among the nationwide languages.
The award will be dispersed in the following way:
- Master’s (Level 1): $666666 per term + ITF (international trainees) + moving allowance (if relevant)
- Doctoral(Level 2): $10000 per term + moving allowance (if relevant) + President’s Award for 2 years. Note that Dalhousie PhD programs no longer have International Tuition Fees used