-ChinaScholarship Council (CSC) in cooperation with LMU Munich is thrilled to use the scholarship to exceptional Chinese students and researchers. The students need to have the chance to perform their doctoral research study jobs at LMU Munich.
Welcome to the Ludwig-MaximilianUniversity of Munich– the University in the heart ofMunich LMU is acknowledged as one of Europe’s leading scholastic and research study organizations. Since our starting in 1472, LMU has actually brought in inspired scholars and gifted students from all over the world, keeping the University at the nexus of concepts that challenge and alter our intricate world.
- Applications due date: Theapplication duration starts in October and ends on February 15 thof the list below year.
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to pursue doctoral research study program.
- StudySubject: Doctoral research studies for Chinese students are supported by 2 designs:
- Model 1: Scholarships for a doctoral job pursued just at LMU Munich
Most of the doctoral research studies at LMU Munich are carried out under the guidance of a private teacher and there is no obligatory curriculum. In addition to the specific doctoral guidance plan, LMU uses a growing variety of doctoral programs– there are presently 36 structured programs in a broad variety of disciplines.
- Model 2: Scholarships for a “Sandwich” Doctoral Program
Within the “Sandwich” Model, the very first year of the research studies occurs at the houseuniversity The doctoral students then total a couple of years of research study at LMU and go back to China to finish their doctoral program. The doctoral title is given by the Chineseuniversity This design is just possible in the specific guidance plan.
- ScholarshipAward: Fullscholarship is offered.
- Nationality: Chinese students
- Number of Scholarships: Within the structure of an unique arrangement in between LMU Munich and CSC more than 200 doctoral students of numerous disciplines from Biology to Sociology have actually been given scholarships for doctoral research studies given that 2005.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Chinese students are qualified to use for this scholarship program.
1. General requirements
- Candidates needs to be people of the PR of China.
- Age limitation: 35 years; for particular doctoral programs at LMU this age limitation may differ.
- Candidates needs to have finished a research study Master program prior to the start of the program. The Master certification can be from a University in China or another nation (i.e. Germany, United States. and so on)
- Two recommendation letters from university teachers.
2. Academic background
Candidates need to have an outstanding scholastic background. To show this, prospects need to fulfill the following requirements:
- The prospects need to pursue their master research study at one of the high-level Chinese universities or research study organizations. Universities of “985 project” are chosen.
- Candidates needs to have a bachelor and master degree with “80” or above in the Chinese grading system.
3. Language requirements
- IfGerman is the language of tuition and of the argumentation, i.e. in Law, Communications Science, Political Science, Sociology, Philosophy, excellent German language abilities are needed. Candidates needs to supply evidence of their German efficiency by methods of a recognized language test such as: “Test-DAF” with the minimum outcome of “4” in all parts of the assessment, or “DSH”, level 2.
- IfEnglish is the language of tuition and of the argumentation the following acknowledged language tests are accepted:
English language certificate of the IELTS Test Academic 6.5 (no module listed below 6) or 90 in the TOEFL iBT Test.
- Alsofor programs taught in English, fundamental understanding of German is extremely advised.
4. Acceptance by a teacher of LMU
Candidates need to hold a composed approval of a manager at LMU. The approval letter need to describe a particular structured doctoral program or, in the case of specific research study jobs, to a particular doctoral job. In the case of the “Sandwich-Model”, the Chinese manager need to promote the duration of research study at LMU.
How to Apply: The following 2 essential actions are required to finish the application to the LMU–CSC program:
- Students needs to initially use to LMU. Successful students will get an admission letter for doctoral research studies at LMU Munich.
- The admission letter is the prerequisite for the next action– the application to CSC (see information at ChinaScholarship Council).
LMU integrates the application procedure for admission with the due dates of CSC.
- For the application, students ought to send the files both as PDF and paper variation. For last admission, just applications in paper kind are accepted.
Application procedure: As the last application needs the permission of the future manager the initial step is to call possible managers. The very first and crucial action of the application is, for that reason, matching your research study interests and capabilities with the numerous chances LMU uses.