Applicants are welcomed for Midlands 3Cities fully funded PhD scholarships in the field of Arts and Design, Media and Cultural Studies, English, Music orLaw The UK and EU trainees get a fully funded PhD, plus get money for living expenditures through the Midlands 3CitiesArts and Humanities scholarships.
The objective of the scholarship is to support research study prospects with cross-institutional mentoring, professional guidance consisting of cross-institutional guidance where suitable, subject-specific and generic training, and expert assistance in getting ready for a profession.
Midlands 3Cities is an AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) in between the universities of the 3 cities of Birmingham, Leicester and Nottingham in the Midlands.
CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to pursue PhD program.
StudySubject: Scholarships are granted in the field of Arts and Design, Media and Cultural Studies, English, Music or Law.
ScholarshipAward: Scholarships will cover the following:
TheDoctoral Training Partnership can supply stipend financing of approximately ₤14,296 plus your course costs covered if you take among our PhDs in Arts and Design, Media and Cultural Studies, English, Music or Law.
Number of Scholarships: Two scholarships are offered.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following requirements need to be fulfilled in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- AHRC financing is open to all UK and EU trainees.
- Every trainee, their topic, the core curriculum, and the RO at which they are studying need to satisfy the eligibility requirements set out in the Conditions of Research Council Training Grants (opens in brand-new window) and RCUK Training Grant Guide (opens in brand-new window), together with any scheme-specific assistance. Information on the AHRC’s subject domain can be discovered in Section 7 of the AHRC’s Research Funding Guide (opens in brand-new window).
- The choice on eligibility for a complete award or fees-only award based upon residency should be taken by the award holder in conversation with the RO( s) in the consortium and in accordance with the Research Councils’ Terms and Conditions (TGC 6). Please do not call the AHRC for guidance or a choice on specific cases as our personnel are not able to supply guidance on this problem.
- In regards to scholastic eligibility, a trainee must have gotten a bachelor’s degree (typically a Honours degree, such as a Bachelor’s Degree, BMus, BSc, LLB or equivalent) from an identified RO, or be an undergraduate anticipating to finish prior to the studentship being used up. Other credentials ought to be thought about just extremely.
If the trainee consequently cannot acquire a bachelor’s degree, they are not entitled to get AHRC studentship financing.
- Students without a bachelor’s degree might be thought about for an AHRC studentship just if they have the ability to show considerable comparable and appropriate experience that has actually prepared them to undertake their proposed core curriculum. In addition, those looking for a doctoral studentship must typically have or be studying for, a Master’s degree or comparable postgraduate credentials. Where a trainee is studying for a Master’s degree or comparable postgraduate credentials, they ought to have fulfilled all the course requirements prior to the start date of their AHRC doctoral studentship.
- If a trainee does not have experience of official postgraduate research study, they might be qualified for a studentship just if they can show proof of continual experience beyond bachelor’s degree level that is particularly appropriate to their proposed research study subject, and might be thought about comparable to Master’s research study. The RO need to have proof regarding how the training and advancement the trainee has actually gotten is comparable to that acquired through a Master’s course and, for that reason, prepares them to continue to doctoral research study.
Nationality: UK and EU candidates can make an application for the scholarships.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to have previous year degree.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants need to have outstanding composed and spoken English abilities.
How to Apply: Applicants can use by means of online:
- You should send 2 scholastic referrals and make an application for Midlands 3 Cities financing on the Midlands 3Cities site.
- We encourage beginning your financing application at the very same time as your PhDapplication However, you will not have the ability to send your financing application up until you have actually gotten your candidate ID.
ApplicationDeadline: Theapplication due date is January 15, 2018.