The South African Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of the Islamic Republic of Iran (MSRT) are offering joint analysis fellowships to Iranian and South African researchers. These fellowships are awarded within the fields of Biotechnology and Oceanography.
The intention of the fellowship is to supply a possibility for younger researchers within the two international locations to have interaction.
South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF) is the middleman company between the insurance policies and techniques of the Government of South Africa and South Africa’s analysis establishments.
Course Level: These fellowships can be found to pursue analysis programme.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded within the following fields:
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cowl the followings:
- South Africa: The complete quantity requested from the NRF mustn’t exceed R250 000. Funding shall be made obtainable for a most of three years, to be paid in annual instalments (R83 000 per 12 months) and solely for analysis actions commencing in 2018. Note dedication to each scientific and monetary reporting on the mission following its completion is an compulsory situation of funding. Please additionally word that the requested quantities don’t essentially suggest that this quantity shall be awarded upon choice for funding.
- Iran: The complete quantity requested from Iranian MSRT mustn’t exceed
Numbers of Scholarships: Not recognized
Scholarship might be taken in South Africa and Iran
Eligibility: Applicants should meet the next eligibility necessities:
- South Africa: This name is open to working researchers residing in South Africa and affiliated with a recognised greater training or analysis establishment comparable to a university, university of know-how or science council. The South African candidates should be in possession of a PhD.
- Iran: Iranian candidates should be in possession of a Masters or PhD as a researcher or college at a university/analysis institute/science and know-how Parks in Iran which can be eligible to obtain Grants-in-Aid for scientific analysis and know-how. However, there are instances when a researcher not employed in a full-time place could also be eligible. Such individuals should be eligible to use for a grant–in-aid and his/her affiliated establishment should decide them in a position to implement the mission and supply an acceptable analysis setting (e.g., laboratory, tools, personnel) for it.
- An application should designate two Principal Investigators, one in South Africa and one in Iran, who will bear the principle accountability for the mission, together with its technical and administrative coordination in addition to scientific and monetary reporting. Commercial establishments and personal academic establishments usually are not eligible to use below this programme.
Nationality: South African and Iranian candidates are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should be possession of a Masters or PhD.
English Language Requirement: Applicants should have proficiency in English.
How to Apply: The mode of making use of is on-line.
- Applications should be submitted electronically to the NRF on the NRF Online Submission System
- Register/Login utilizing your ID quantity and password.
- Go to “My Applications” and choose “Create Application”.
- Select the decision for which you’re making use of for: South Africa/Iran 2017 Joint Call for Proposals.
- Complete all obligatory sections and the non-compulsory sections (i.e. CV sections) relevant to you. Please connect the required paperwork in PDF format within the following order: CV of the companion, funds of companion and the signed web page of the companion.
- Remember to submit your application on completion.
- Complete purposes will go to the host establishments for verification earlier than being forwarded to the NRF for additional processing.
- Incomplete purposes is not going to be thought of.
- Applications that don’t meet the eligibility standards is not going to be thought of.
- Please contact your analysis workplace or Designated Authority if in case you have any queries.
- Applications submitted outdoors the NRF Online Submission System is not going to be accepted. No arduous copies shall be accepted and can routinely be disqualified by the NRF. Only purposes endorsed by the analysis workplace or its equal at greater training or analysis establishments shall be accepted
Iran: Application varieties for Iranian candidates could also be downloaded from the MSRT web site: www.techno.msrt.ir.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.