–TheNational Research Foundation (NRF) is welcoming applications for master and doctoral scholarships for full-time research studies in2019 This scholarship is offered to SA people, SA long-term homeowners along with a restricted portion of foreign nationals who will sign up at a South African public university in 2019 on a full-time basis.
The goal of the scholarship is to support the advancement of an emergency of internationally competitive personnels in focused on locations;Promoteand advance science, research study and development.
TheUniversity of South Africa (UNISA) is the biggest university on the African continent and brings in a 3rd of all college students in SouthAfrica The university has more than 300,000 students, consisting of African and global students in 130 nations worldwide, making it among the world’s mega universities.
- ApplicationsDeadline: June11, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to pursue Master and Doctoral degree programe.
- StudySubject: The scholarships are meant to support master’s and doctoral prospects to pursue research study studies in all locations of Science, Engineering, Technology, Social Sciences and Humanities,IncludingPriority Research Areas * at public universities. The list listed below provides the breakdown of the broad disciplines supported by the NRF:
Broad disciplines supported for masters and doctoral scholarships:
- Bioinformatics *
- Cellularand Molecular Biology
- ClimateChange *
- DemographyDrug Discovery and Development *
- EarthObservation *
- FunctionalGenomics *
- Geology(GlobalChange, Society and Sustainability *)
- IndigenousKnowledge Systems *
- MarineSciences *
- MedicinalPlant *
- Nanotechnology *
- NuclearTechnologies in Medicine and Biosciences *
- Palaeosciences *
- PolarScience *
- RenewableEnergy *
- SocialScience and Humanities
- SpaceScience *
ScholarshipAward: Value of the award.
MeritReview- worth Scholarship:
- Master’s– R90000 for 2 years
- Doctoral– R120000 for 3 years
- Master’s– R50000 for 2 years
- Doctoral — R70000 for 3 years
Nationality: Available to SA people, SA long-term homeowners along with a restricted portion of foreign nationals who will sign up at a South African public university in 2019 on a full-time basis.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided
- Scholarship can be taken in SouthAfrica
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Thisscholarship is offered to SA people, SA long-term homeowners along with a restricted portion of foreign nationals who will sign up at a South African public university in 2019 on a full-time basis.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to satisfy the following requirements:
NRF- TWAS Doctoral
Master’s and Doctoral
Must register at a South African public university in 2019 on a full-time basis.
May be based at Science Councils and National Research Facilities.
Full- time master’s or doctoral research studies in South Africa are qualified to use.
SA people, SA long-term homeowners along with a restricted portion of foreign nationals who will sign up at a South African public university in 2019 on a full-time basis.
Citizensand long-term homeowners from establishing nations in and exteriorAfrica South Africans are not qualified to use.
Applicants using for extension assistance at master’s level need to have started their degree in2017
NRF master’s scholarship- holders who want to sign up for Doctoral degrees in 2019 need to use for financing.
Visaand migration laws of the candidate’s house nation and South Africa need to be fulfilled by the candidate. The candidate need to protect his/ her own Visa or research study allow under the program for research study in South Africa.
NeitherNRF nor TWAS will be accountable for helping with visa requirements.
Must be present receivers of NRF scholarships for the present degree in2018 Extensions will just be offered under extraordinary situations and will just be approved for 6 (6) or twelve (12) months as the NRF anticipates all students to finish their certifications within guideline time.
SASAC doctoral scholarships, information of the proposed research study needs to show clear positioning with IIASA’s research study programs and nationwide research study concern locations (AdvancedSystems Analysis; Ecosystems Services and Management; Energy; Evolution and Ecology; Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases; Risk and Resilience; Transitions to New Technologies; World Population and Water.).
Must be thirty 5 (35) years or more youthful on the 31 st of December of the year of application for the doctoralscholarship
Applicants using for extension assistance at doctoral level need to have started their degrees in2016
May not be living, studying or operating in South Africa at the time ofapplication
Students who are not qualified for assistance
- Students who currently hold NRF financing for master’s (in 1st year of financing) or doctoral research studies (in 1st or 2nd year of financing) need to not use, they need to send a Progress Report (PR) to restore financing for the list below year based on the Conditions of Grant.
- Individuals that currently hold a degree at the level at which they plan studying, are not qualified to use
- Students who are meaning to sign up for or that are studying for a 100% master’s by coursework, expert master’s or postgraduate degree.
- Students pursuing master’s research studies who began their degree prior to 2018.
- Students pursuing doctoral research studies who began their degree prior to 2017.
- Individuals that will remain in full-time employed, legal or long-term work while pursuing master’s or doctoral research studies.
- Individuals that are on sabbatical leave from their work (consisting of those without paid sabbatical leave).
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are generally needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: All applications are sent on the NRF Online system.
Lateand insufficient applications will be turned down.