TheOffice of Research, Innovation, and Development (ORID) is now accepting applications for Rhodes Scholarship for West African Students for the acdemic year 2018-2019
TheRhodes scholarship is administered by the Rhodes Trust, Oxford, United Kingdom and is a postgraduate award that looks for to support remarkable trainees from all over the world to research study at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
TheRhodes University is a public research study university situated in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape Province of SouthAfrica It is one of 4 universities in the province.
CourseLevel: Scholars might pursue any full-time postgraduate degree provided by the University of Oxford for the period of 2 years with a choice for a 3rd year.
StudySubject: Scholarship is granted in any of courses provided by the university.
ScholarshipAward: Coverage of the Scholarship
- Full tuition, an upkeep stipend (covering lodging, feeding, and incidentals) and one economy class air travel to and from Oxford at the start and end of period.
- Comprehensive Rhodes Character, Service & Leadership program (retreats, workshops, conferences) which is developed to equip them on the best ways to resolve vital issues in any neighborhood they discover themselves, in addition to numerous conversations and gatherings at Rhodes House, Oxford.
Numberof Scholarships: NotKnown
Scholarship can be taken at Universityof Oxford, UK
Eligibility: To be qualified for this scholarship, candidates should:
- Be in between the ages of 19-25(You should have reached your 19 th and not have actually passed your 26 th birthday on 1 October2018 This implies prospects should have been born upon 30 September 1992 and on or prior to 1 October 1999)
- Be a resident of one of the following nations: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tom é and Principe and Togo.
- Have been resident in several of the nations noted above for at least 5 of the last 10 years.
- Have finished a bachelor’s degree from a college or university (typically a Bachelor’s degree) with the greatest category your University awards, e.g. First Class or Upper Second Class Honours.
- Have an adequately high requirement of English to satisfy the English language efficiency requirements (at the Higher Level noted) of the University of Oxford.
- Energy to utilize one’s skill to the complete (as shown by proficiency in locations such as sport, music, dispute, dance, theatre, and creative pursuits, especially where team effort is included).
Nationality: Citizensof the following nations: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tom é and Principe and Togo are qualified to use for this scholarship program.
EntranceRequirements: Students should have finished a bachelor’s degree from a college or university (typically a Bachelor’s degree) with the greatest category your University awards, e.g. First Class or Upper Second Class Honours.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Students should have an adequately high requirement of English to satisfy the English language efficiency requirements (at the Higher Level noted) of the University of Oxford.
How to Apply:
- Applications might be sent online at the following link by means of the scholarships tab.
- All candidates are entreated to check out thoroughly the basic info for prospects on Rhodes site, the Condition of Tenure for Rhodesscholarship Detailed info is offered at this link.
- Shortlisted prospects will be talked to in individual. No prospect will be chosen without an interview.
- Candidates who do not get additional interaction by the end of November must presume the application has actually been not successful.
- A finished application kind online
- Citizenship requirement:
- A qualified copy of your birth certificate (or an affidavit of birth)
- A nationwide identity card
iii. A legitimate passport (with translation, if essential)
- Evidenceof residency within the area
- An authorities records from the University went to
- Ahead and shoulders photo in jpeg format
- Curriculum vitae, revealing information of exactly what you have actually attained.
- An IELTS or TOEFL certificate as proof of English Proficiency (IfEnglish is not your mother tongue).
- A signed individual declaration.
- A list of referees (minimum of 4 and optimum of 6) who want to send recommendations in your place
ApplicationDeadline: All candidates should make sure that a finished electronic application is gotten online by midnight, GMT, Saturday, September 30,2017 References needs to likewise be sent online most current by midnight, GMT, Saturday, October 14, 2017.