TheAlwaleed Centre for the Study of Islam in the Contemporary World at the University of Edinburgh is welcoming applications for Ph D Studentships in Islamic Studies for a September 2018 start. UK or EU and International students are qualified to use for this studentship.
TheUniversity of Edinburgh, established in 1582, is the 6th earliest university in the English- speaking world and among Scotland’s ancient universities.
University accepts all the English language credentials for entry to the University, consisting of IELTS credentials from any IELTS test centre.
- ApplicationDeadline: April12, 2018
- CourseLevel: Studentships are readily available to pursuePh D. program.
- StudySubject: Studentships are granted in Islamic Studies: Islamic Civilisation or Muslims in Europe.
- ScholarshipAward: Each studentship will cover the needed cost to the University of Edinburgh (either UK/EUor international), a living allowance of ₤14,553for2018-19(increasing in- line with Research Council UK rates afterwards) and an annual research study budget plan of ₤1000
- Nationality: UKor EU and International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 2 studentships are readily available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: UKor EU and International students are qualified to use for this studentship.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you should satisfy the list below requirements:
- An undergrad and usually a Masters degree in a pertinent topic
- Proven research study abilities
- Ability to carry out research study which might include both the research study of texts and be engaging with people and neighborhoods
- Ability to work in a group
- Diplomacy, consisting of spiritual, cultural and political level of sensitivity
- The capability to work to due dates
- A desire to be versatile and work non-standard hours, if needed
- Experiencein conducting and describing research study to a variety of audiences, both within and beyond a university context.
- Knowledge of a pertinent language (e.g. Arabic, Persian)
- Excellent discussion and interaction abilities
- Experiencein developing product for sites
- Experience of dealing with the media
EnglishLanguage Requirements: University accepts all the English language credentials for entry to the University, consisting of IELTS credentials from any IELTS test centre.
Ph D Scholarships
How to Apply: Applicationsfor the Ph D can be made through the online admissions portal by clicking the link listed below:
- Ph D in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies
- For candidates whose mother tongue is not English, proof of English language efficiency will be needed. Click here for more information.
- Studentship applications ought to consist of a covering letter, a curriculum vitae and an overview research study proposition (circa 1200 words) sent through e-mail to:
- llc.pgadmissions-at-ed. ac.uk
- Click here for standards on the best ways to compose an ideal Ph D research study proposition.
- If you are shortlisted for a studentship you will be welcomed to an interview where you will be needed to make a 10- minute discussion on your proposed research study task.