AntonDohrn Zoological Station Naples is looking for a gifted and passionate marine ecologist with a background in biogeochemistry or marine microbial ecology, for a PhD position concentrating on the task “Microbe-host associations as drivers of Benthic C and N Cycling in a changing MEditerranean Sea” (eMBraCE).
The task is a collective collaboration in between the University of Bremen and the Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn (SZN), Italy.
The objective of the Stazione Zoologica is the research study of the basic procedures of biology, that include marine organisms and their biodiversity, in close relate to the research study of their development and the characteristics of marine environments, utilizing an incorporated and interdisciplinary method. The research study of the resulting biotechnological applications becomes part of the objective of SZN.
- ApplicationsDeadline: July29, 2018 or till a competent prospect is recognized
- CourseLevel: Position is readily available to pursue PhD programe.
- StudySubject: PhD position concentrating on the task “Microbe-host associations as drivers of Benthic C and N Cycling in a changing MEditerranean Sea” (eMBraCE). The task is a collective collaboration in between the University of Bremen and the Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn (SZN), Italy.
- ScholarshipAward: The position is moneyed for a three-year duration and depends upon last approval by partnership partners. Envisioned start is November2018 You will be designated as a PhD prospect in the German university system and your income will be inning accordance with the German TV-L 13 for a 50 % position. The University of Bremen is a level playing field company and as such motivates applications from females and minorities.
- Nationality: International students are qualified to use for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International students are qualified to use for this scholarship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
You must hold a Master degree in marine biology, biogeochemistry, microbial ecology, or associated fields. In addition, you must have a great command of spoken and composed English, have an enthusiasm for science, a shown capability to perform and report about research study, and a strong inspiration to work in the fields of seaside biogeochemistry and microbial ecology. Expertise in physiological, biogeochemical, and/or molecular & modelling tools in addition to technical competence of speculative works in fish tank centers and/or at sea is possessions. A diving certificate– in the very best case European research study scuba diver certification– is an extra possession.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are generally needed to supply proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: To use, please send out an inspiration letter and a total CV with list of publications and abilities in addition to names of 2 referees (with e-mail addresses and telephone number) in a single pdf-file toProf Christian Wild andDr Ulisse Cardini (see e-mails listed below). Only short-listed prospects will be alerted.