TheDepartment of Ecology and Environmental Science (Ume å University, Sweden) welcomes candidates for a PhD position concentrated on chauffeurs for the event of possibly pathogenic germs in marine environments. Applicants are anticipated to start your position in fall 2018.
Sliperiet is a cross-disciplinary, collective and speculative platform at the Ume å ArtsCampus Sliperiet belongs of Ume å University, situated at Ume å Arts Campus nearby to the river. It is a location where scientists, companies, trainees, business owners and creatives satisfy to establish and understand concepts.
Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are typically needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
- ApplicationsDeadline: 31August 2018
- CourseLevel: Position is readily available to pursue PhD research study prgramme.
- StudySubject: The Department of Ecology and Environmental Science opens a PhD trainee position concentrated on chauffeurs for event of possibly pathogenic germs in marine environments.
- ScholarshipAward: Salary: According to arrangements for PhD trainees. A PhD education consists of 4 years full-time research studies (240 ECTS credits).
- Nationality: Thisscholarship is readily available to the trainees of Sweden
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not provided
- Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Thisscholarship is readily available to the trainees of Sweden
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to satisfy the following requirements:
To be confessed for PhD research studies the candidate is needed to have actually finished a second-cycle level degree, or finished course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level, or have a comparable education from abroad, or comparable certifications.
The prospect ought to have finished courses within a first-cycle subject appropriate to ecology making up at least 120 ECTS credits. At least one course at a second-cycle level in a topic that is main to the doctoral trainee’s prepared expertise will have been finished, also an independent piece of work (degree job) with appropriate expertise of at least 15 ECTS credits. We are searching for a prospect with the appropriate scholastic background in molecular biology, ecology, data or matching education. It is certifying to have excellent understanding of hereditary approaches (e.g. DNA library preparation, data), bioinformatics and/or microbial ecology.
The prospect ought to have an excellent command in composed and spoken English, be innovative and able to take own effort. The prospect is independent, has the social skills and collective capability. It is anticipated that the prospect establishes self-reliance and develop network contacts throughout the education.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are typically needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Theapplication will be done through our e-recruitment system and be sent at the current 31 August 2018.
Theapplication ought to consist of:
- The letter where the candidate explains her/himself in relation to the above-described requirements, an inspiration to why the candidate is interested in the position and a brief description of the prospect ´ s research study interests and concepts
- CV with scholastic certifications.
- Publication list.
- An electronic copy of the MSc-thesis.
- Scientific short articles, grade certificates or other documents which supports the candidate ´ s certification for the position.
- Contact info for 3 referral individuals.
The assessment will be based upon the candidate ´ s letter, recommendations, interview and the quality of the master thesis and other publications. The requirements need to be satisfied at the time of approval to the PhD position and might not have to be satisfied at the time of the application.