The Department of Social Anthropology, University of Oslo is now inviting purposes for 4 PhD Positions in the sector of Social Anthropology. The positions are both for a interval of three years (with no obligatory work) or for a interval of 4 years together with obligatory work (primarily educating).
The principal objective of the fellowship is analysis coaching resulting in the profitable completion of a PhD diploma.
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked instructional and analysis establishment, with 28 000 college students and 7000 staff.
Course Level: This place is obtainable for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: The place is awarded in the mission of Social Anthropology.
Scholarship Award: The place will cowl the followings:
- Salary NOK 436 900 – 490 900 each year relying on .
- Academically stimulating working setting as half of a cohort of anthropology PhDs.
- Opportunities to work interdisciplinary with colleagues in the pure sciences and STS.
- Funds for analysis, journey, convention participation and dissemination, books and tools.
- Attractive welfare advantages and a beneficiant pension settlement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly setting with its wealthy alternatives for tradition and out of doors actions.
Number of Awards: Four positions can be found.
Scholarship could be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following standards have to be met in order for candidates to be eligible for the studentships:
- Applicants ought to maintain a 2-year Master’s diploma or equal, in social anthropology; different levels in associated disciplines could be thought-about.
- Fluent oral and written communication expertise in English.
Nationality: Studentships are open to International college students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants ought to maintain a Master’s diploma or equal, in social anthropology.
English Language Requirements: Applicants ought to have good command (written and spoken) on the English language.
How to Apply: The software should embody:
- Cover letter (assertion of motivation and analysis pursuits)
- CV (together with an entire listing of training with grades, positions, pedagogical and administrative expertise, publications and different qualifying actions)
- Preliminary mission description together with the theme of the mission, points to be examined, theoretical and methodological strategy and a progress plan (max. four pages, excluding references)
- Writing pattern of 10-20 pages (publication, masters chapter, seminar paper)
- Copies of instructional certificates (tutorial transcripts solely)
- List of publications and tutorial work (if relevant)
- Names and call particulars of three tutorial referees
The software with attachments have to be delivered in our digital recruiting system, please observe the hyperlink “applies for this job”. Foreign candidates are suggested to connect a proof of their University’s grading system. Please word that all paperwork ought to be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Application Deadline: The Studentships software deadline is August 30, 2017.