–REACH is introducing a call for propositions for an African postdoctoral fellowship in groundwater. The fellowship is meant for early to mid-career academics and scientists who are nationals of a Sub-SaharaAfrican nation and hold a PhD at the time of application.
The function of the Fellowship is to supply an early profession scientist with a chance to establish their profession in water security in Africa.
REACH is an international research study program to enhance water security for the bad by providing first-rate science that changes policy and practice. REACH intends to create enhancements in water security for the bad by operating at the user interface of water security threat and hardship decrease research study and practice, covering throughout the styles of resource sustainability, inclusive services and sustainable development.
- ApplicationsDeadline: July20, 2018
- CourseLevel: Fellowship is offered to pursue Postdoctoral program.
- StudySubject: Fellowship is granted in Groundwater Management.
- ScholarshipAward: Funding offered for this task undergoes an optimum ₤60,000for the whole duration.
- Funding demands can not surpass this quantity. All budget plans need to be inclusive of any institutional overheads that are to be used. However, overheads need to not surpass 20% of direct expenses. All budget plans need to be evaluated and authorized by the host organization prior to being sent as part of the proposition. Per diems will not be allowed under the REACH financing arrangement however travel expenses will be covered such as lodging, food and others based on REACH standard.
- Nationality: This fellowship is offered for students from Sub-SaharanAfrican nations.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: This fellowship is offered for students from Sub-SaharanAfrican nations.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, BurkinaFaso,Burundi, Cameroon, CapeVerde, CentralAfrican Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo(Brazzaville), Congo (DemocraticRepublic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, EquatorialGuinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, SaoTome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
EntranceRequirements: Applicants need to fulfill the following requirements:
TheseFellowships are meant for early to mid-career academics and scientists. Applicants should be nationals of a Sub-SaharaAfrican nation and must hold a PhD at the time ofapplication Applications from PhD prospects will not be thought about. ‘Early to mid-career’ is specified as within 10 years of conclusion of a PhD at the time of application; nevertheless profession breaks can be considered and must be explained in the CV.
REACH partners are qualified to be host organizations.
Each host organization need to have the ability to show that it:
- Has internal controls which supply affordable guarantee that making use of resources follows all pertinent laws, guidelines, and award terms; and
- Is able to secure resources versus waste, loss, and abuse; and will get, keep, and relatively divulge dependable information in reports.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are normally needed to supply proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Proposals need to be sent by 20 July 2018.
The following files will be needed as part of your proposition:
Description of proposed research study (approximately 4 A4 pages)
- Career advancement strategy (approximately 1 A4 page)
- Research into action (approximately 1 A4 page)
- Budget/ Justification of resources asked for
- CVs (optimum 2 pages) for the Fellow and host organization manager
- Letter of assistance from host institution/s revealing its objective to team up and recommendation of the proposed Fellowship, and the worth of the proposedFellowship This must likewise consist of a statement from host organization (see statement at the end of this assistance note) with the letter of assistance.
- Letter of assistance from your chosen manager detailing their relationship to you, the function they have actually had in establishing the proposition and their arrangement to monitoring you.