Maynooth College is providing Scotus Eriugena Research Scholarship to undertake a PhD diploma in the sector of Theology. Scholarships are open to worldwide college students who want to full a PhD, starting in September 2017.
St Patrick’s College, Maynooth, is the “National Seminary for Ireland”, and a Pontifical University, positioned in the village of Maynooth, 24 km from Dublin, Ireland.
Course Level: Scholarships can be found for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the next areas: Fundamental Theology / Philosophical Theology, Systematic Theology, Moral Theology / Theological Ethics, Sacred Scripture / Biblical Studies and Ecclesiastical History.
Number of Scholarships: Three scholarships are supplied over a three yr interval.
Scholarship might be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: Applications are invited from these with a Masters in Theology who want to full a PhD in the next areas, starting in September 2017:
- Fundamental Theology / Philosophical Theology: The significance and contribution(s) of Maurice Blondel to twentieth-century Catholic thought and apply
- Systematic Theology: Contemporary Trinitarian Theology ‘19th and 20th Century Receptions of Aquinas, Ressourcement Theology: Plumbing its Patristic and Medieval Foundations
- Moral Theology / Theological Ethics: The interface of the Catholic ethical custom with mental developments and modern points in bio-ethics and associated fields. The interplay of Catholic social instructing with modern justice and human rights challenges
- Sacred Scripture / Biblical Studies: The Characterisation of God in the Synoptic Gospels. The Characterisation of God in a Book of the Old Testament
- Ecclesiastical History: The devotional worlds of European Christianity from the later Middle Ages to the trendy interval.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to use.
How to Apply: The accomplished utility type and the candidate’s supporting documentation should be submitted through e-mail. Applicants should embrace the next:
- Application Form and Supporting Materials
- Statement of Interest
- Two Academic references
Application Deadline: The utility deadline is May 19, 2017.