TheSimon Cumbers Media Fund is granted to media trainee, media specialist, media company, professional photographer and a print reporter who have an interest in reporting on concerns in the establishing world. The fund is offered for Irish applicants.
The objective of the Simon Cumbers Media Fund is to help and promote more and much better quality media protection of advancement concerns in the Irish media.
IrishAid developed the Simon Cumbers Media fund in honour of his memory. The fund’s objective is to assist, help, and promote much better quality media protection of concerns in the Irish media.
CourseLevel: The fund is offered for media trainee, media specialist, media company, professional photographer and a print reporter.
StudySubject: The fund is granted to promote more and much better quality media protection of advancement concerns in the Irish media.
ScholarshipAward: Fund will cover the following:
- TheFund is meant to cover expenses related to media workers taking a trip to an establishing nation for the production of development-related posts or reports that would not typically be covered by a media organisation’s news budget plan.
- The optimum quantity of financing offered is EUR10,000, however the evaluating panel is not required to award the optimum in any case. The typical grant designated in 2015 was EUR3,351 The optimum award will just be given to tasks that have a considerable nationwide reach and are considered by the evaluating panel to satisfy all the goals of the Simon Cumbers Media Fund.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not offered.
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: The following requirements should be fulfilled in order for applicants to be qualified for the scholarship:
- Any media organisation, media expert or media trainee can use for financing.
- Applicationsfor print or broadcast tasks are accepted, along with for photographic and brand-new media tasks.
- Collaborative applications are likewise motivated, for example, a joint application from a professional photographer and a print reporter.
- Successful applications are selected by a evaluating panel comprised of agents from IrishAid, the Cumbers Family and a variety of specific media and advancement professionals. Applications are evaluated by the evaluating panel for proof of the following:
- Innovation in the treatment of advancement styles.
- Innovation in task method.
- Demonstrated experience and proof of appropriate competence.
- Collaboration throughout numerous kinds of media.
- Estimated audience/readership reach.
- Likely position on broadcast schedule/prominence in the publication or online media.
- Valuefor loan.
Nationality: Irish applicants are qualified to use for the scholarship.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should be a media organisation, media specialist, media trainee, professional photographer and print reporter.
How to Apply: Applicants can use by means of online:
- Applicants might just send one task proposition and one exhibit proposition in each financing round.
- The proposed media task should be brand-new, i.e. it should not have actually been transmitted, released or shown in any format formerly. Please see the Simon Cumbers Media Fund Project Showcase for examples of financed tasks.
- The main audience of all media/exhibition outlets should remain in the Republic of Ireland.
Submissions that have a movie festival/exhibition as their primary outlet will not be thought about as a main publication outlet.
- Applicants who are currently in invoice of grants from other financing streams within Irish Aid for their proposed task will not be qualified to use.
- In the case of a joint application, a single person should be chosen as the ‘lead’ agreement, with whom the agreement will be dealt with. It will be the obligation of the lead contact to inform DHR Communications, on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, of any modifications to their project/personnel prior to take a trip. Failure to do so will lead to the withdrawal of financing. In the occasion of a dispute in between the 2 celebrations, administrators will consider the lead candidate as the individual accuseded of shipment of the task.
ApplicationDeadline: Theapplication due date is October 27, 2017.