The University of Sussex is inviting functions for three.5 years STFC PhD Studentship for UK and Europe (Non-UK) college students. These studentships are awarded in Novel Detectors for Astronomy and Nuclear Science.
The mission supplies a singular alternative for experimental and theoretical work at the innovative and intersection of semiconductor physics and astronomy.
The University of Sussex is a number one research-intensive university close to Brighton, at the moment ranked prime 20 in all main league tables.
Course Level: This place is accessible for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: The place is awarded in the mission of Novel Detectors for Astronomy and Nuclear Science.
Scholarship Award: £18,928 tax-free stipend plus UK/EU charges waiver.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship will be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for a full award a pupil will need to have:
- Settled standing in the UK, which means they don’t have any restrictions on how lengthy they will keep
- Been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for three years previous to the beginning of the studentship. This means they will need to have been usually residing in the UK (other than short-term or occasional absences)
- Not be residing in the UK wholly or primarily for the aim of full-time schooling. (This doesn’t apply to UK or EU nationals).
To be eligible for a fees-only award:
- Students from EU nations apart from the UK are typically eligible for a fees-only award. To be eligible for a fees-only award, a pupil have to be ordinarily resident in a member state of the EU, in the identical method as UK college students have to be ordinarily resident in the UK.
Note: These eligibility standards are based mostly on the Education (Fees and Awards) (England) Regulations 2007 and subsequent amendments.
- Minimum and expertise to undertake a analysis diploma are detailed in the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education.
- For some topic areas, there may be additionally an expectation that a person can have undertaken a Masters qualification earlier than starting a doctoral programme. However, ROs can use their discretion in deciding whether or not candidates are appropriate for analysis coaching, making reference to any Council-specific expectations.
Nationality: UK and Europe (Non-UK) college students are eligible to use.
How to Apply: Please go to: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/phd/apply. Please choose Engineering PhD as your programme of research specifying Dr Anna M. Barnett as your most popular supervisor and clearly state the title of the PhD Studentship in your utility.
Application Deadline: The Studentships utility deadline is July 17, 2017.