-The brand-new Leo Baeck Fellowship Programme is now readily available available to doctoral students who perform research into the history and culture of Central European Jewry in the scholastic year 2019/20 The fellowships range from October 2019 to September 2020.
TheStudienstiftung des deutschen Volkes– German Academic Scholarship Foundation– awards scholarships to impressive students, regardless of their political, ideological or spiritual convictions and associations. In line with its statutes, it supports “the university education of young people who, on account of their exceptional academic or artistic talents and their personalities, can be expected to make an outstanding contribution to society as a whole”.
- ApplicationsDeadline: February 1, 2019
- CourseLevel: Fellowships are readily available for doctoral trainee to pursue research.
- StudySubject: Fellowships are granted in the history and culture of Central EuropeanJewry We welcome jobs on any duration or field (consisting of literature, viewpoint, history, musicology), and any area (such as Europe, Israel, the Americas), as long as they associate with German- speaking Jewry.
- ScholarshipAward: Fellows get a stipend of 1,350 EUR a month. In addition a month-to-month research allowance of 100 EUR is readily available. Fellows can likewise use for supplements for medical insurance (max. 100 EUR/month) and child care, in addition to travel allowances to support research pointers and involvement at conferences abroad. Contributions to tuition charges outside Germany might likewise be given (max. 10,000 EUR). All financing is supplied in accordance with the basic guidelines released by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
- Nationality: It is open to doctoral prospects of any citizenship, studying at any university.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to twelve fellows will be picked for the program in the scholastic year 2019/20
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship
EligibleCountries: It is open to doctoral prospects of any citizenship, studying at any university.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
- University degree( s) with impressive marks
- Date of newest degree not prior to February 2015
- Formal credentials for doctoral research studies/ approval on a doctoral program at an acknowledged university
- Research job concentrating on the history and culture of Central European Jewry
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are typically needed to supply proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Candidates are welcomed to send the following files in English or German:
- Application kind (download from the site: www.studienstiftung.de)
- Cover letter laying out the inspiration for involvement in the program (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae with information on education, basic interests and language abilities
- Photocopy of university degree( s), consisting of marks/grading
- Research proposition (5 pages)
- Research schedule for the scholastic year 2019/20, consisting of prepared research journeys
- Letter of suggestion by the manager of the PhD job
- Second recommendation letter
We accept applications by email ( as a single pdf file please, the recommendation letters might be sent individually) or traditional mail (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes, Ahrstra ße 41, 53175 Bonn, Deutschland). Only total application sets will be thought about. Shortlisted prospects will be welcomed to an interview in Frankfurt in April 2019.