TheUniversity of Wollongong is providing Summer Research Scholarships for undergraduate trainees. Summer Research Projects are readily available in the Schools of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Earth and Environmental Sciences.
TheUniversity of Wollongong, informally called Wollongong University, is an Australian public research university situated in the seaside city of Wollongong, New South Wales, roughly 80 kilometres south of Sydney.
CourseLevel: Scholarships are readily available for pursuing the research program. research
StudySubject: Projects are readily available in the Schools of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Earth and Environmental Sciences.
2017-2018Research Projects Listing
- Project 1: Developing Tools for Single-MoleculeImaging
- Project 2: Behaviour and Physiology of Arid-ZoneFauna in Response to Pesticide Applications
- Project 3: Deep Ocean Heat Content over the Past 2000 Years and its Role in Regulating Global Temperatures
- Project 4: Synthesis of Cephalosporin -3′-DiazeniumDiolates as Biofilm Dispersing Antibiotics for Chronic Infections
- Project 5: Air, Land and Sea: How Do Natural Vegetation and Ocean Organisms Influence Australian Air Quality?
- Project 6: Forensic entomology satisfies ‘The Body Farm’: research studies on bugs in human and animal stays
- Project 7: Reconstructing the 1939-1940Extreme El Ni ño Event
- Project 8: Measuring Like a Model: Getting the Right Atmosphere
ScholarshipAward: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- An 8-week full-time research job starting 27 November 2017 and ending up 2 February2018 There will be a two-week break over the Christmas duration from 21 December to 8 January.
- Free lodging throughout of the Scholarship (8 weeks). You will lie in modern-day, lively school centers centrally situated in the heart of the seaside city of Wollongong.
- Return economy class airlines tickets (or comparable travel) to an optimum worth of $500 plus an optional 2nd airline tickets house for the Christmas break.
- $300 stipend each week throughout of the Scholarship (8 weeks).
- Supervision by worldwide renowned scientists in premium research centers.
- Participationin interesting research jobs developed to resolve complex, real-world issues.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: All candidates need to satisfy the requirements listed below:
- Australian or New Zealand resident or Permanent Resident.
- Currently registered full-time at an Australian or New Zealand university (UOW trainees are not qualified to obtain this program).
- Currently studying a pertinent bachelor’s degree at second-year level or beyond, or a pertinent honours degree (first-year trainees are not qualified to use).
- Interestedin future research studies to honours or greater research degrees.
Nationality: Australian or New Zealand residents are qualified to use.
EntranceRequirement: Applicants need to be presently studying a pertinent bachelor’s degree at second-year level or beyond, or a pertinent honours degree.
How to Apply:
- Select 2 research jobs in order of choice from the 2017-2018Research Project Listing
- Complete the online application kind.
- Attach your CV and existing scholastic records.
ApplicationDeadline: The last date to use is September 10, 2017.