TheOkayama University is welcoming applications are for Summer School Scholarships which ranges from July 1, 2018– July 14,2018 This is a 2 weeks program readily available for international students.
This two-week summer program intends to offer students from all around the world with chances to learn more about the Setouchi area and to advance the SDGs with a clear photo of Setouchi’s past, present and future through a lecture series, worrying subjects such as the revitalization of mountain towns, tourist in a little island, neighborhood participation in the historic town, Kurashiki, the Setouchi Art Festival, and its impact on regional individuals’s way of lives.
TheOkayama University is a top-class nationwide university with over 140 years of history. We have 11 professors, 7 graduate schools, and different programs. You can get a distinct knowing experience which will favorably affect the future success of your scholastic and expert profession.
- ApplicationDeadline: Theapplication due dates are:
First due date: February 14, 2018 (Wednesday)
Second due date: March 7, 2018 (Wednesday)
- CourseLevel: This is a summer program.
- StudySubject: Scholarship is granted in “SETOUCHI – Its Natural Environment and Society” Advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- ScholarshipAward: Students who are using from among our partner organizations and have a scholastic record of excellent standing are motivated to use for our scholarship program (80,000 JPY).
The authorities records from our partner organizations sent with students’ applications for this Summer Program will be described when factor to consider is provided to which students please the requirements for thescholarship The award choice will be made on June 1, 2018 (Friday).
- IMPORTANT: Travel Insurance Requirements: All individuals are needed to organize travel insurance coverage in their house nations prior to leaving to Japan.
Students, who show up at Okayama University without correct insurance coverage, are needed to acquire Okayama university co-op insurance coverage prior to going to the summer program. (Approximately 5,000 JPY for premium and 4,000 JPY for subscription deposit. Cash just).
- Nationality: Students from all around the world are qualified.
- Number of Scholarships: 45 optimum (Minimum number 20). If the overall variety of candidates who certify to take the course does not fulfill the minimum necessary number, this summer program might be cancelled. The choice about whether this program will be performed will be made and revealed by May 25, 2018 (Friday).
- Scholarship can be taken inJapan
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Students from all around the world are qualified.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you need to fulfill the list below requirements:
Undergraduate students who are studying in universities with which Okayama University has an arrangement for scholastic or trainee exchange will be provided top priority. Undergraduate students from other overseas college organizations are likewise motivated to use. However, such prospects can not be thought about as prospects for the JASSO scholarship.
SinceEnglish is the medium language of guideline in this program, students are needed to be competent inEnglish Students who are non-native speaker of English need to send among the following files as evidence of English efficiency,
TOEFL iBT 61 or above
IELTS 5.5 with a comparable mark of the CEFR B2 level or above
OtherEnglish test ratings which can be thought about as comparable to the CEFR
B2 level or above.
NOTE: CEFR stands for Common European Framework of Reference for Languages * If you have any concerns concerning this English efficiency requirement, please contact our program planner (see #13).
How to Apply: Students might use for this summer school through the following site.