Applications are welcomed for Sun Yat-SenUniversity scholarships for students from Southeast Asia to begin their research study in the scholastic year 2018.
SunYat- sen University, shortened SYSU and informally understood in Chinese as Zhongda, likewise called Zhongshan University, is a significant Chinese public research study university situated in Guangdong, People’s Republic of China.
Outstanding candidates who use for the program without appropriate Chinese language efficiency should take a Chinese preparatory course for one scholastic year.
- Application due date: April 31, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are readily available to pursue bachelor’s degrees at SYSU.
- StudySubject: Scholarships are granted to study the topics provided by the university.
LiberalArts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: RMB 56,000 yuan/person/academic year (consisting of tuition cost RMB 26,000 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
Science and Engineering Majors: RMB 63,800 yuan/person/academic year (consisting of tuition cost RMB 33,800 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
MedicalScience Majors: RMB 78,000 yuan/person/academic year (consisting of tuition cost RMB 48,000 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year).
The tuition cost in the scholarship will be subtracted straight; hence the scholarship recipient will not need to pay for the tuition cost. Accommodation cost and extensive insurance coverage for global students will be subtracted from the living allowance in the scholarship, and the staying quantity will be moved to the specific savings account of the recipient monthly after enrolment and registration. However, the recipient will be accountable for the charges of visa application, round-trip air tickets and physical exam, and all other charges.
- Number of Scholarships: In 2017, Sun Yat-SenUniversity offered scholarships for more than 230 students from 10 Southeast Asian nations.
- Scholarship can be taken inChina
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
- EligibleCountries: Students from Southeast Asia are qualified to use.
Applicants ought to be non-Chinese with a legitimate foreign passport, and fulfill requirements in the “Notice of Regulating Admission of International Students in Colleges and Universities” (83).
Applicants needs to be in health and aged in between 18 to 25 (date of birth in between 1 stJanuary, 1993 to 30 thAugust, 2000).
Applicants needs to get along to China, obedient, academic and well-conducted, with no records of offense of Chinese laws, policies or school guidelines.
Applicants needs to be high school graduates, with their grades ranking amongst the top, or with quality in social services, sports, music, cultural activities or management.
Applicants needs to acquire a suggestion letter provided by the suggestion organizations * (describe Appendix 1 for information) and be accountable for its credibility.
- LiberalArts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: HSK 5 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other comparable Chinese Learning Certificates;-LRB- *******).
- Science, Engineering and Medical Science Majors: HSK 4 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other comparable Chinese Learning Certificates;-LRB- *******).
- Applicants who total high school education with Chinese as the language of direction ought to send certificates of Chinese language efficiency provided by their schools and can be excuseded from supplying HSK Certificates after SYSU’s confirmation;-LRB- *******).
- Outstanding candidates who use for the program without appropriate Chinese language efficiency should take a Chinese preparatory course for one scholastic year. Upon the conclusion of the course and the fulfillment of the language entry requirements, they can start their undergraduate research studies with Chinese as the language of direction.
All supporting files and requirements are as follows (Those supporting files that are not in Chinese or English ought to be accompanied by an official qualified translation in Chinese or English):
- Passport biographical page
- Graduation certificate of the greatest level of education
- Transcripts from the greatest level of education
- LanguageProficiency Certificate
- Recommendation letter
- Personal declaration
- Other supporting files
How to Apply:
BeforeMarch 1, 2018, candidates ought to send all application files to the suggestion organizations in their house nations to acquire suggestion letters.
BetweenMarch 1, 2018 and 30 thApril, 2018, they ought to register on http://application.sysu.edu.cn, indication in to fill in the application type under the “SYSU scholarship” program in a precise and total way, and upload scanned copies of all supporting files as needed (Only PDF, JPG, JPEG and PNG files are appropriate, and each file size ought to not surpass 2MB).To total the application, candidates ought to click the “submit” button.
( function() iframe). style.cssText = “width: 0; height: 0; border: 0”;.
document.getElementById(‘ fb-root’). appendChild( iframe);.
var doc = iframe.contentWindow.document;.
doc.open(). compose -LRB-”-RRB-;.
// async init when filling is done.
window.fbAsyncIn it = function() ;.