The Moore Institute is providing PhD scholarship in Digital Arts and Humanities to begin in September 2017. Scholarships are valued at €16,000 plus charges every year and open to the scholars from Ireland.
The Moore Institute stands on the forefront of NUI Galway’s dedication to world-leading inquiry in humanities, tradition, and society. Founded in 2000, and named after the distinguished Moore household of Moore Hall, Co. Mayo, the Institute has earned main nationwide and worldwide grants and led tasks throughout the disciplines in areas from archaeology to historic historical past and medieval research, and from the early fashionable interval to the current day, together with politics, gender, and efficiency
Course Level: Scholarships can be found to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Digital Arts & Humanities to begin in September 2017.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships are valued at €16,000 plus charges every year. Entrants ought to have a first-class or higher second-class honours main diploma inside a related self-discipline and (ideally) a accomplished a Master’s diploma in a related self-discipline.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship might be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: Candidates enter the programme by way of the Humanities or the Arts strands (in the related self-discipline). Both strands
- introduce college students to the historical past of and theoretical points in digital arts and humanities;
- present the abilities wanted to use superior computational and knowledge administration paradigms to arts and/or humanities analysis;
- create a framework for college students to develop generic and transferable abilities to finish the required work for the award of the PhD. Work placements at pertinent establishments may additionally kind a part of the scholarship.
Nationality: Students from Ireland are eligible to use for this scholarship.
How to Apply: Application ought to be made on-line on the Postgraduate Application Centre:PAC code: GYG38. One pattern of educational writing (e.g. a latest BA or MA course essay) and a 1500-word analysis proposal also needs to be submitted by PAC. The proposal have to be structured underneath the next headings:
- Description of proposed analysis (800 phrases)
This part ought to clearly describe the topic and scope of your analysis, and the proposed outcomes in phrases of the creation of latest assets, instruments, data switch, and many others. You ought to point out the essential issues or analysis questions you intend to handle in the thesis element of your PhD, in addition to any digital outputs which will come up out of your work.
- Context (350 phrases)
This part ought to describe, so far as you’ll be able to inform, the extent of the present educational and digital work in your space of curiosity. You ought to be capable to clarify how your analysis will problem or prolong this present subject.
- Methodology (250 phrases)
Here it is best to describe the precise methodologies and applied sciences you count on to make use of.
- Sources and Archives (100 phrases)
Give a preliminary indication of the first and secondary materials you count on to work with.
- Evidence of earlier achievements in digital media or artwork follow (for practice-based PhD candidates solely).
Application Deadline: The deadline for functions is April 14, 2017.