-TheUniversity of Cape Town (UCT) is welcoming applications for postgraduate research scholarship (masters and doctoral) within the Faculty of HealthSciences International students are qualified to use for this scholarship.
Thescholarship has actually been developed to offer assistance for a PhD (or Masters) trainee who will be needed to help the research group in the Department of Child Health and Paediatrics to study the effect of prenatal alcohol direct exposure on early neurocognitive advancement.
TheUniversity of Cape Town (UCT) is a public research university situated in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of SouthAfrica It is collectively the earliest university in South Africa and the earliest extant university in Sub-SaharanAfrica together with Stellenbosch.
- ApplicationDeadline: March29, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to pursue Postgraduate research program.
- StudySubject: Scholarships are granted within the Faculty of HealthSciences Project title: Longitudinal neuroimaging and early neurocognitive correlates of kids with prenatal alcohol direct exposure in the very first 5 years
- ScholarshipAward: The worth of the scholarship totals up to R50000 per year for Masters Students and R100000 per year for PhD students. The worth will not increase over subsequent years. The scholarship is tenable for one year, Renewal for additional years will be thought about on proof of satisfying scholastic development and accessibility of funds.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not offered
- Scholarship can be taken in SouthAfrica
Eligibilityfor the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: International students are qualified to use for this scholarship.
EntranceRequirements: To be qualified for this scholarship you should fulfill the list below requirements:
- Masters(or Honours) Degree in proper Health Sciences or Social Sciences discipline (e.g., Public Health, Paediatrics, Human Biology, Psychiatry, Psychology, or associated discipline)
- Strong spoken and written interaction in English
- Interestin research on kid health and advancement
- Clinical research experience
- Fluentin among the following languages: Xhosa or Afrikaans
- Strong social abilities
- Experience dealing with kids and their caretakers
- Experience administering official cognitive and behavioural evaluations to kids and their moms and dads
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants should have strong spoken and written interaction in English.
How to Apply: To use, please e-mail the below files in a single pdf file to Emma Eastman at emma.eastman-at-uct. ac.za.
- UCTApplication Form
- A letter of inspiration
- Copies of scholastic records
- Letters of recommendation from 2 academics, and
- CurriculumVitae (CV)