TheScience and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) and the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) are happy to provide its U K– Malaysia Collaborative Research Newton Fund.
The goal of the call is to provide substantial three-year financing for globally competitive and ingenious collaborative research jobs in between UK scientists within the STFC neighborhood and Malaysian scientists.
TheScience and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is a UK federal government body that performs civil research in science and engineering and funds UK research in locations consisting of particle physics, nuclear physics, area science and astronomy.
TheMinistry of Higher Education (Malay: Kementerian Pendidikan Tinggi), shortened MOHE, is the ministry of the Government of Malaysia that is accountable for college, polytechnic, neighborhood college, trainee loan, accreditation, the trainee volunteer.
CourseLevel: Fund is offered to pursue premium research jobs.
StudySubject: Fund is granted in the field of nuclear physics, particle physics & particle astrophysics, astronomy & area science, and accelerators & computing in assistance of these or from STFC Laboratories/Facilities
ScholarshipAward: Fund will cover the following:
- This call funds collaboration working in between UK and Malaysia based scientists, and propositions should add to the financial advancement and well-being of Malaysia.
- STFC have actually designated as much as ₤ 1.5 million over 3 years, with matched resources being supplied by MoHE. The size of the grants will differ depending upon the requirements of each research task and should be completely warranted. The grant elements will be paid out within the particular nations; STFC financing will be utilized to support the UK part of the collaboration and MoHE financing will support the Malaysian part. MoHE-funded expenses of each grant will be provided and handled by MoHE in accordance with its regular standards. MoHE has actually designated MYR 1 million over 3 years with each of the task maintaineded at a ceiling of MYR 250,000 Further information on the monetary policies can be described the MoHE Cost Proforma.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships are not provided.
Scholarship can be taken in UK, Malaysia
Eligibility: The following requirements should be fulfilled in order for candidates to be qualified for the scholarship:
- UK qualified candidates-
- The lead Research Organisation (RO) should be qualified to hold RCUK grants; i.e. be an authorized UK Higher Education Institution (HEI), Research Council Institute (RCI) or Independent Research Organisation (IRO) eligible for RCUK financing. Full information of authorized RCIs and IROs can be discovered on the RCUK site.
- UK lead candidates should be used within a Research Organisation group formerly or presently moneyed by the STFC core Science Programme (nuclear physics, particle physics & particle astrophysics, astronomy & area science, and accelerators & computing in assistance of these) or used within STFC Laboratories/Facilities
- UK candidates should be qualified to get financing from STFC and should follow the STFC terms.
- MoHE qualified candidates-
- Organisations qualified to use are Public Universities, Private Universities and Private University Colleges inMalaysia Private organizations should remain in the list of signed up greater knowing organizations in Malaysia and have actually satisfied the Malaysia Research Assessment (MyRA) in the year 2016.
- TheMalaysian Principal Investigator (PI) should have been granted a doctorate at the time ofapplication Applicants working to a PhD, postdoctorate training, or waiting for the result of their viva/submission of corrections are not qualified to
- Applicants needs to be Malaysian residents and hold an irreversible or fixed-term agreement in an eligible university or greater finding out institute inMalaysia Applicants with repaired terms agreements completing prior to their grant end-date should protect verification from their Head of Department, mentioning that their agreement will be reached cover the period of the award if their application achieves success.
- PrincipalInvestigators of UK schools based in Malaysia are qualified to use if the UK PI is not from the very same organization.
- Applicants(PIs) should be from a scholastic organisation. MoHE does not cover financing for business or commercial organisations.
- Contact in between the Malaysian PI and UK PI prior to the application is vital.This contact ought to result in a plainly specified and equally advantageous research task proposition. Please keep in mind that MoHE & STFC will not have the ability to help in finding a Malaysian or UK partner.
- Applicants needs to be proficient in oral and composed English.
- TheMalaysian candidate’s using organisation needs to want to accept administer the grant.
- Malaysian candidates will have to comply with MoHE development and results keeping an eye on requirements.
Nationality: Applicants from UK and Malaysia are qualified to get the fund.
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should be a previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can use through online:
- This STFC-MoHE call will be handled through STFC systems on behalf of MoHE.
STFC is hosting this call through the UK Research Councils’ grant submission system called‘Je-S’ The application due date is 16: 00 GMT on the 5 December2017 Any proposition gotten after this due date will not be thought about for financing.
- Researchers will be accountable for establishing their own cooperations. Once a research proposition is established, UK and Malaysian candidates should use collectively for moneying to the STFC Newton– Malaysia 2017 Call, through the STFC Je- S online application system (https://je-s.rcuk.ac.uk).
- Applications needs to be sent by the UK Principal Investigator on behalf of the UK-Malaysian research collaboration. However, a similar application needs to be sent by Malaysian PI for administrative functions to the Malaysia Greater Research Network System (MyGRANTS) NAMESPACE= MYGRANT. The application needs to be sent in English to the MyGRANTS within 2 weeks after application due date.
- To produce a brand-new proposition, on logging into Je- S, choose:
- ResearchCouncil– STFC
- Select the Document type ‘Standard Proposal’
- SelectScheme ‘Newton Fund’
- Select call ‘Newton – Malaysia 2017’
- The following files should be consisted of in the joint application: A finished Je S Form
- Please consist of expenses asked for from the UK just. Malaysian expenses should be consisted of utilizing the MoHE costs stand out design template which ought to be a different accessory
- Joint case for assistance
- Please download and finish the connected joint case for assistance design template (this consists of an area on ODA compliance)
- Justification of resources (optimum 2 A4 pages for UK expenses)
- Pathways to Impact (2 A4 pages max)
- CV (2 A4 pages max for each called scientist)
- List of publications– mentioned in proposition (one A4 page max)
- Letters of assistance (just if appropriate)
- Letters of assistance are just required from organisations entered upon the Je- S kind as‘Project Partners’ A Project Partner is a company which contributes in money or in kind to the task however which is not asking for any loan.
ApplicationDeadline: Theapplication due date is December 5, 2017.