The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and Walmart Foundation are proud to supply the Graduate Scholarship to US pupils. Selected scholars will be given a campus mentor and also a one-year caliber scholarship of up to $6,200 for the 2017-2018 academic school year.
The primary intention of Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) would be to insure the total tuition fees for the whole duration of the Wal-Mart base scholarship program and graduating high school seniors having a minimal 2.5 GPA.
Wal-Mart Foundation supports programs made to market opportunity, sustainability, and community. Special emphasis is directed toward hunger aid and healthy eating; sustainability; girls’s economical authorization; and vocation opportunity.
Course Level: Scholarship can be obtained to pursue grad programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are given in the areas supplied by the university.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship will cover the subsequent:
- Applicants will be given a campus mentor and also a one-year caliber scholarship of up to $6,200 for the 2017-2018 academic school year, which is utilized to cover the expenses of tuition and charges, on-campus room and board and mandatory textbooks bought from member-schools. The funds are used in the autumn and spring terms at $3,100 per session.
Scholarship might be considered in the USA
Eligibility: The following standards should be matched in order for applicants to be qualified for the scholarship:
- Be a first-generation college student.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a graduating high school senior/incoming college freshman.
- Be taken to and prepared to attend one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools.
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher in high school.
- Be advocated with a high school counselor.
- Have shown financial need through the conclusion of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Have exhibited leadership potential by means of various measures.
Nationality: Applicants of United States is eligible for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be a graduating high school senior/incoming college freshman.
How to implement: Applicants can use via on-line style.
- Resume (include community service, leadership and employment/internship experience).
- 2017-2018 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA).
- Current high school transcript (unofficial or official, GPA must reveal on transcript).
- Recommendation from present high school counselor or faculty member.
- Essay: In a minimum of 500 words, please address the following question:
- What does it mean to function as the very first individual in your family to get a college degree? What impact would this scholarship have in your education?
Application Deadline: The program deadline is June 4, 2017.