Applications are welcomed for approximately 10 African Union Scholarships for the Masters Programme in Epidemiology at the University of the Witwatersrand, School of Public Health for the 2019 AcademicYear The Africa CDC will offer complete scholarships for 10 Masters trainees in the 2019 scholastic year.
TheEpidemiology and Biostatistics Division of Wits School of Public Health (WSPH) has given that 2000 developed itself as an organization of option for the arrangement of postgraduate training in epidemiology and biostatistics within the sub-SaharanAfrican area and beyond.
- ApplicationsDeadline: August31, 2018
- CourseLevel: Scholarships are offered to pursue Master degree program.
- StudySubject: Scholarships are granted to study Master of Science in Epidemiology degree program at the University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health.
The prospects can get any of the 6 disciplines under the program. These are:
- ScholarshipAward: The Africa CDC will offer complete scholarships for 10 Masters Students in the 2019 scholastic year. The scholarship covers the following:
- Nationality: Scholarships are granted to the resident of and citizen in any of the 55 African Union Member States.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 10 scholarships are offered.
- Scholarship can be taken in SouthAfrica
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
EligibleCountries: Scholarships are granted to the resident of and citizen in any of the 55 African Union Member States.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, BurkinaFaso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal,Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, SouthAfrica, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia andZimbabwe
EntranceRequirements: Applicants should satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a resident of and citizen in any of the 55 African Union Member States, and dealing with a National Public Health Institute
- Must be chosen by a National Public Health Institute of any of the 55 African Union Members States
- Have evidence of admission to carry out the full-time master program at the University of Witwatersrand
- Be a holder of a honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate field, an MBBCh or another health-related degree, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours or comparable
- The degree should be from a trusted totally certified University
- Have showed impressive scholastic accomplishment as evidenced by scholastic records, and scholastic awards, if any
- Be able to devote to work in a National Public Health Institute in an African Union Member State on conclusion of research studies for a minimum of 3 (3) years
- Applicants must be 35 years or more youthful by 31 st August 2018
- Be skilled in English
- TheAfrican Union thinks in level playing fields for males and females, and ladies are specifically motivated to use.
EnglishLanguage Requirements: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English are generally needed to offer proof of efficiency in English at the greater level needed by the University.
How to Apply: Theapplication procedure is in two-fold.
Theapplication for the scholarship should be done individually. Interested prospects need to send out the following: